Gigabyte GA-Z97-HD3
CPU
Core i5-4460
Graphics
EVGA GeForce GTX 960 SC
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Hi,

My Hackintosh has been working perfect for months now. I shut it down last night and this morning when I tried to boot it I cannot make it past the apple logo screen. Verbose mode is telling me "Invalid Volume Count" and "Volume Header needs minor repair". Then it says the volume could not be repaired and it kills all processes.

Here are some things I've tried (none of which worked):
1. Booting from recovery HD is not working at all. (Does this mean there is no way to access disk utility to repair the drive?)

2. Tried repairing volume from single user mode

3. Physically removed GPU and PCI Express adapter

I don't know what else to try. I haven't been able to make a backup recently so I really can't lose any of my data!

Here are my build details:

Gigabyte GA-Z97-HD3
Core i5-4460
Crucial Ballistix Tactical (16GB)
EVGA GeForce GTX 960 SC
Samsung 850 EVO 120GB (boot volume)
Seagate Barracuda 2TB
TP Link Wireless PCI Express adapter
Corsair CS 550 Watt
Corsair Carbide 300R

I would really appreciate any help you can give me. I'm still pretty new to all of this.

Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_1753.JPG
    IMG_1753.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 194
  • IMG_1752.PNG
    IMG_1752.PNG
    1.7 MB · Views: 282
It looks like a failing hard drive or corrupt file system.
If as you say, you value the data on the drive then stop trying to fix it.
Get a new hard drive and make a fresh install.
Once you are up and running you can connect the problem drive and see what you can access / recover.

Thanks for the reply. The only data on my SSD is the OS and applications. All of which I can re-install. The only data I'm worried about losing is the data on my seagate 2tb HHD.

Is there a way to format the SSD with the OS on it and make a clean install on the same drive again? Or is that drive completely failed? I just don't want to buy another SSD.

Also, is there no other way to repair the volume?

If that is the only solution available for me can you please direct me to the correct instructions on making a clean install on a new SSD?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back