I7-10700K
Graphics
5600XT & 6800 XT
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi all,

I am trying to fix numerous problems on my system - in particular audio - and got many "invalid singature... won't load"
I tried several methods to fix my audio problems, each of them based on scripts that will load kexts and each time it fails because of this pb.
I have the kext-dev-mode=-1 in chameleon.boot.plist which if I am not mistaken is used to allow the installation of non signed kexts.
But some of those scripts to fix my audio just throw a message back stating that kext-dev-mode=1 could not be found in boot-args
I tried the sudo nvram boot-args=... but still have pbs
I believe my audio pbs could be solved if I cold fix this signature pb.
Thanks

Is that a typo with =-1 ... If that is what you have then reporting a not found error may well be very true.

Martin

It is a typo
It should read =1

Hi all,

I am trying to fix numerous problems on my system - in particular audio - and got many "invalid singature... won't load"
I tried several methods to fix my audio problems, each of them based on scripts that will load kexts and each time it fails because of this pb.
I have the kext-dev-mode=-1 in chameleon.boot.plist which if I am not mistaken is used to allow the installation of non signed kexts.
But some of those scripts to fix my audio just throw a message back stating that kext-dev-mode=1 could not be found in boot-args
I tried the sudo nvram boot-args=... but still have pbs
I believe my audio pbs could be solved if I cold fix this signature pb.
Thanks

Which script is showing this error message??

If System Preferences/Sound/Output shows audio output devices and no sound follow : http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/143750-no-sound-realtek-alc-applehda-guide.html#post886717

If System Preferences/Sound/Output shows no audio output devices follow : http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/143752-no-audio-devices-realtek-alc-applehda-guide.html

AppleHDA8serie.sh script is showing this message. The script will create applehda1150.kext but then will throw a message that kext-dev-mode=1 is not detected in boot-args and therefore won't load, which is true.
A quick check on the system report/extension shows that it is not loaded.
toleda script alc...command will throws "invalid signature.." and will not create an applehadxxx.kext
But the kext-dev-mode=1 is in my chameleon.boot.plist

In system preference/sound/output, the only devices I have are my airplay speakers and amplifier.
If I select one of them, the sound is outputted on that device. But I don't see line in, line out, etc.. which is what I see when the onboard audio is working.
In system preferences/sound/sound effect, in the play sound effect through drop down list, the only option I have is "selected sound output device". When the onboard audio is working, I have "internal speakers".
Audio is outputted on my speakers connected to the PC if I select this option.
So the output tab shows output devices but not the one I need

Ok I removed the flag from the boot.plist and rebooted.
entered kext-dev-mode=1 flag manually.
Tried to run AppleHDA8serie.sh. Still complained that kext-dev-mode=1 was not found
Then run toleda's script alc_realtek...command.
This script can find the kext-dev-mode=1 and it manages to load kexts that previously were returning invalid signature or "omitting".
However if I follow toleda's guide, once the installation is completed, I should check in /S/L/E that I have AppleHDA.kext_vx.x-toledaALCxxx.
However I don't have this file
Just AppleHDA.kext
After rebooting and reentering the kext-dev-mode=1 flag manually, and checking in system preferences->sound->output, I still don't have the onboard audio. Just my airplay speakers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back