Contribute
Register

Introducing GuideBeast: Interactive Online Guides to MultiBeast and UniBeast

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow..all of you just do an amazing work!

I think this is an awesome help for new users!
I am aware of the fact that this guide cannot replace a build post and cannot cover all the options for every hardware available. but like dvdflashback mentioned - I agree that the Drivers and Customizations could be made more elaborate.

Still very helpful - keep up the good work!

I think that this is great stuff. After I have gone through the guides I will update this feedback with more relevant info. Just wanted to show appreciation and leave some positive feedback because it is well deserved. This is one of the best websites on the entire world wide web by far. Cant wait to find the time to dig into this. Thank you for all of this. Great great stuff!

OK

Went through MultiBeast Guide. Very cool! I think it could be improved upon however by doing the following:
-make the "greyed out" guide moveable (this was #1 on my list)
-when reading about quick start, then EasyBeast, UserDSDT, etc the red arrow points to the next section not the current one you are reading about
-Drivers section: the window with the check boxes and installation options goes by too fast, it is over even before you have a chance to read what the guide is telling you/explaining - this needs to be slowed down, perhaps even being given the option to pause and read what the options are
-lastly: the save option at the end goes by too fast (the pop up save window) similar to the drivers section
-but to be honest it still was VERY helpful and by using the "previous" button I could easily make it through the guide and learn alot - the drivers section would take multiple times however to be able to thoroughly read all the options.

Either way still great stuff!

forgot to include:
"If you have a DSDT you should choose the next option, UserDSDT."
Newbies (ok "ME") might not know the answer to this question
"UserDSDT"
"Use this option if you have a DSDT for your motherboard." "Go here to find a DSDT for your board." - same as above

I think this is a pretty great start. Couple of suggestions/or issues I saw: I think the Drivers section is a bit skimpy compared to the Quick Start section and it could use a bit more in-depth explanations for new users. I also think the Customizations section could be expanded as well. I did notice an error at the end where the last pop-up says "previous" instead of an "X" or "Close" and there for it is stuck in a loop.

Otherwise, Fantastic work guys!!!

WOW!! I think this is excellent tho I do agree with @dvdflashbacks comments. Once those changes have been made I feel this will be rock solid. Great job and fantastic work guys!! This is why I absolutely love this site!!

hey there,

in my opinion this is a really great way to introduce new users to the way it's done.
you also said, that it is supposed to give the user an understanding and introduction to the process, not an interactive tutorial containing each and every detail.
BUT, I think that is what most new users tend to do. not everyone, of course, but in the worst they feel absolutely lost and helpless, stumble upon this thing named guidebeast, and rely on it 100%.

therefore, I think that in the UniBeast guide, the red arrow on the fourth screen (Disk Utility) is somewhat misleading.
it is not pointing towards anything mentioned in the descriptive text in this particular step.
my suggestion would be to either remove it, or, make it point towards the usb drive in the list on the left (Select the USB Drive…) and you might as well insert a second arrow (number them?) showing the actual Partition tab (…and go to the Partition section).

this is just my opinion, as I tend to explain things the DAU way...
nonetheless this is an awesome thing you put together here :) kudos!

This couldn't have come at a better time. Thank you for taking the time to show us the major steps. I have just ordered all my parts for my first computer and am waiting to receive them (two day shipping is taking too long). I was really wondering what it would all be like and this guidebeast is just what i needed. Hopefully you can keep improving it but i think it is great.

Thanks for taking the time to create this for the less experienced user.

This would be better with a definition/description of each settings/drivers and some preconfigured script per motherboard. Eventually an auto detection could figure out the main board and graphic cards then proposes a predefined scripts based from community experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back