CPU
i9-10900K
Graphics
Radeon VII
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
hello to all!

long time hackintosh user! first time posting in tonymacx86 forums.

i have just purchased an i7 3930k, socket 2011. i intend to use it in a computer dedicated for video editing. particularly, the program i am learning is avid media composer. i will learn after effects and possibly pro tools later down the line.

ideally, i would have two SSD drives: one to boot windows and one to boot mac os x. I would also be using 2 x 2TB drives in raid0 as media storage/creation for avid and possibly scratch disks for adobe suite and a 3-4tb single hdd for backup. i would have 16gb or 32gb of ram and a high end 7xx series NVidia card. Or a quadro if that is a better idea. I would want as stable a build as possible.

However, i notice that the motherboardGA-X79S-UP5 only has two intel sata 6Gbps ports. is there another similar gigabyte board that has more intel 6Gbps ports? thanks again for your advice.

It shouldn't make too big of a difference, as even SATA III Hard drives don't take full advantage of the 6GBs ports on your motherboards. SSDs, however definitely can use the full bandwidth of the Sata 6gbs ports. I would just plug my traditional hard drives into the Sata II ports.

As for your GPU, the 7xx series should work. It is kepler based, and uses either the GK104 or GK110. These were the same chips used on last years models. (6xx)

got it. however, won't having the two sataIII hard drives in raid0 be lacking performance if they aren't connected to sata 6gb?

also, should i install OSX with only one stick of 8gb ram then place the other 8gb sticks in there? thanks again.

got it. however, won't having the two sataIII hard drives in raid0 be lacking performance if they aren't connected to sata 6gb?

also, should i install OSX with only one stick of 8gb ram then place the other 8gb sticks in there? thanks again.

Why would you want to RAID the SSDs? Waste of time and asking for re-installs IMHO.

For the RAM, install all of it. UniBeast will restrict you to 4Gb usage no matter how much you have installed.

I would use raid0 for the 2x2TB sataIII hard drives. each SSD would be a system drive for windows 7 and mac os x 10.8.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back