Contribute
Register

INTERNET STOPPED WORKING - Ethernet Greyed out after running MultiBeast GA Z87N-WIFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
CPU
Graphics
GeForce Nvidia 760
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey guys, thanks for clicking on this..!

This is my first Hackintosh build and I'm having some problems.

The ethernet cable was working and I could get internet, then I installed multibeast and the ethernet stopped working.

I get a 'You ain't connected to internet' in Safari browser.

When I click on Network Diagnostics, the ethernet (and wifi) is now greyed out. Only 'Other' is active.

I've spent 2hrs reading posts and trying things, eg I re-ran multibeast and ticked the 'Linux2Mac' Realtek option in the Network settings, as a post here mentioned.. no joy. I also looked in bios for a setting but didnt really see anything (or know what the hell I was doing)

Specs:
GA Z87N-WIFI
16gb 1600 RAM
i7 4470k
Geforce GTX 760
+ 2 pairs of Calvin Klein boxer shorts underneath box to stop scratching my mum's table

What I did:

* I ran unibeast installation USB
* I then ran multibeast off another USB, everything appeared to go well.

Can anyone shed some light on this?

Thank-you very much for reading

[Solved] INTERNET STOPPED WORKING - Ethernet Greyed out after running MultiBeast GA Z87N-WIFI

WORKING!

I'm new to all this, I was a bit disappointed nobody had replied with a solution.. perhaps it was too much of a beginner question, but I kept playing around with it, incase anyone has the same issues this is what I did:

* I re-ran multibeast
* I selected 'DSDT free' (as I read the Z87N motherboard has it's own DSDT, whatever the hell a DSDT is anyway :)) I'd initally used EasyBeast
* went to Network and selected 'Intel - hnak's AppleIntelE1000e v2.4.14'
* I then built

Immediately the Ethernet box was no longer greyed out! I tried diagnostic however I still could not connect to internet. But was happy that I had made some progress.

After a restart, internet worked fine!

Hope that helps someone.

P.s. my guess is, it is only the last option, selecting 'Intel - hnak's AppleIntelE1000e v2.4.14' that made the real difference, probably didn't matter if you used 'EasyBeast' or 'DSDT Free'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back