Contribute
Register

Internal Hard drive showing external

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont have that exact kext.... I must have removed something else.

Dont see it. Something to note as i was reinstalling ML i noticed it viewed the drive internal. When i restarted after being on desktop it went to external

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-08-10 at 10.30.37 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2012-08-10 at 10.30.37 PM.jpg
    200.2 KB · Views: 350
I restarted into windows 7. It recognized a couple things and then i restarted into ML and it fixed it self. Im not holding my breath thou...= /

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-08-10 at 11.07.01 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-08-10 at 11.07.01 PM.png
    160.2 KB · Views: 311
And its back external on restart.... I know for most its not a big deal, but it delays my boot and not polished. Lion was a polished hack.

Weird. Which SATA ports on your motherboard are you using?

Sata 3, but i tried others. Same issue. It's a kext issue i'm sure of it, but exactly which one who knows.

I have the same motherboard. Are you using the F12 BIOS and the DSDT from the tonymacx86 database? Run MultiBeast again and install Drivers & Bootloaders -> Kexts & Enablers -> Disk -> 3rdParty SATA. Don't forget to select System Utilities to cause permission repair and a kernel cache rebuild.

I'm experiencing this problem too. I have four internal hard drives connected, and two of them are showing up as internal and two as external. The one named Mountain Lion is the one where I've just installed OS X 10.8. Any help appreciated.
View attachment 27431

Yeah, done all that. Used Kext Utility several times and tried various kexts as mentioned in different threads here, but still no go. Evidently it's a Mountain Lion issue because everything was fine on Lion (and still is if I boot back into it). I saw on another thread that someone edited their DSDT.aml file and got it working, so maybe someone will provide an edited DSDT file that will work for everyone at some point. And yes, I'm on F12 and am using the correct DSDT file from the downloads.

I was having the same issue after upgrading to ML. My Crucial M4 SSD boot drive was showing up as internal, but the rest were showing as externals. Deleted the IOAHCIBlockStorage kext, then even the boot drive showed up as external. Found a fix though. Deleted IOAHCIBlockStorage kext and installed the AHCI 3rd Party SATA kext from Multibeast. Did that, and now it's all back to normal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back