Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Internal Graphics not properly working UHD 630

Status
Not open for further replies.
If a cheap one is available locally (Best Buy or Target?) you could try it and return it same day if it fails.
So I bought an DP to Hdmi, and when I want to boot my motherboard gives 5 beeps and it wont show anything same as with hdmi to hdmi (but hdmi to hdmi worked before...) vga still working. Any idea?

So I bought an DP to Hdmi, and when I want to boot my motherboard gives 5 beeps and it wont show anything same as with hdmi to hdmi (but hdmi to hdmi worked before...) vga still working. Any idea?
Try removing the power cable from the wall (yup, I'm not kidding) for 10 seconds and then plug it back in and try again (with HDMI to HDMI).

Yikes! Beep codes are never good. You can look them up in for your brand. All I see for Gigabyte and 5 beeps is CPU error, but a number of people say it can be other things (bad RAM, whatever). It sounds like you're saying in your case, changing the video cable around can cause the beep code or resolve it? Very odd.

Try removing the power cable from the wall (yup, I'm not kidding) for 10 seconds and then plug it back in and try again (with HDMI to HDMI).
Yikes! Beep codes are never good. You can look them up in for your brand. All I see for Gigabyte and 5 beeps is CPU error, but a number of people say it can be other things (bad RAM, whatever). It sounds like you're saying in your case, changing the video cable around can cause the beep code or resolve it? Very odd.
Hdmi is working again, displayport to hdmi isnt.

Hdmi is working again, displayport to hdmi isnt.
You should be able to boot Mojave with the USB Install Disk and the HDMI cable.

Once you login, mount EFI partition on Mojave SSD and backup the current config.plist.

Then copy the attached version.

Open it with Clover Configurator first to make sure no errors are reported during the file-open process. If so, quit Clover Configurator.

Then reboot (again with HDMI to HDMI cable) normally from the Mojave disk (remove USB install disk).

Does the black screen problem go away?

This config.plist contains framebuffer patching code that reorders the BusIDs for DP and HDMI. It's from forum member nor500 who has a similar motherboard (H370M-DS3H), so hopefully this will work for you.

Also please be aware of some hot-plug issues:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...uhd-630-on-i3-8100.268270/page-6#post-1887556

Attachments

• config-djb726-h370-ds3h.plist
    5 KB · Views: 102
Last edited:
Thanks, I will search. I will let you know

I can think of the following areas to look carefully to find a cause and fix for the major computer symptom you had listed in your initial post
I am having some trouble getting my hackintosch properly to work, my graphics show only 7MB, and I don't know how to fix it.
  • Monitor connection to the Intel HD 630 Graphics of the Motherboard.
  • BIOS_Peripherals_Initial Display Output ; Chipset_Internal Graphics, DVMT Pre-Allocated,DVMT Total Gfx Mem
  • CLOVER/kexts/Other contents
  • config.plist_Devices_Fake ID _IntelGFX :0X????????
  • config.plist_Graphics [ ]InjectIntel [ig-platform -id]
  • config.plist_Rt Variables_CsrActiveConfig 0x??
  • config.plist_SMBIOS_ Product Model:iMac 18,2
  • config.plist_System Parameters -
Even without knowing how the BIOS has been set or how the Mojave System Disk's /Library/Extensions folder or System/Library/Extensions folder have been configured with the required latest Lilu.kext, Whatevergreen.kext (and AppleALC.kext for Audio), based solely on the uploaded EFI one can say with confidence, the Intel HD is NOT setup correctly to get full video Acceleration.

• If BIOS options and System Kext installation used can be supplied by the OP, we can offer better informed steps to fix the problem instead of mere guesswork.

You should be able to boot Mojave with the USB Install Disk and the HDMI cable.

Once you login, mount EFI partition on Mojave SSD and backup the current config.plist.

Then copy the attached version.

Open it with Clover Configurator first to make sure no errors are reported during the file-open process. If so, quit Clover Configurator.

Then reboot (again with HDMI to HDMI cable) normally from the Mojave disk (remove USB install disk).

Does the black screen problem go away?

This config.plist contains framebuffer patching code that reorders the BusIDs for DP and HDMI. It's from forum member nor500 who has a similar motherboard (H370M-DS3H), so hopefully this will work for you.

Also please be aware of some hot-plug issues:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...uhd-630-on-i3-8100.268270/page-6#post-1887556
Cant I boot from the normal disk in first place then use your config? Usb takes so long? I will give it a try later tonight.

I can think of the following areas to look carefully to find a cause and fix for the major computer symptom you had listed in your initial post
  • Monitor connection to the Intel HD 630 Graphics of the Motherboard.
  • BIOS_Peripherals_Initial Display Output ; Chipset_Internal Graphics, DVMT Pre-Allocated,DVMT Total Gfx Mem
  • CLOVER/kexts/Other contents
  • config.plist_Devices_Fake ID _IntelGFX :0X????????
  • config.plist_Graphics [ ]InjectIntel [ig-platform -id]
  • config.plist_Rt Variables_CsrActiveConfig 0x??
  • config.plist_SMBIOS_ Product Model:iMac 18,2
  • config.plist_System Parameters -
Even without knowing how the BIOS has been set or how the Mojave System Disk's /Library/Extensions folder or System/Library/Extensions folder have been configured with the required latest Lilu.kext, Whatevergreen.kext (and AppleALC.kext for Audio), based solely on the uploaded EFI one can say with confidence, the Intel HD is NOT setup correctly to get full video Acceleration.

• If BIOS options and System Kext installation used can be supplied by the OP, we can offer better informed steps to fix the problem instead of mere guesswork.
I will need to look on this concentrated later, if you need anything from my files or something, tell me and I will send it. Im very happy you guys want to help me out!

Cant I boot from the normal disk in first place then use your config? Usb takes so long? I will give it a try later tonight.
If you can boot from internal disk without getting a blank screen then yes! Otherwise you can boot from USB, but only until Clover appears. At the Clover screen we still need to select the internal (FAST) Mojave disk.

If you can boot from internal disk without getting a blank screen then yes! Otherwise you can boot from USB, but only until Clover appears. At the Clover screen we still need to select the internal (FAST) Mojave disk.
Tried your config, it is loading till 50% then waits 2 sec and then screen turns black but pc doesnt reboot. Just to make clear, when I jused my own config.plist it would boot normal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back