GTX 660
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Classic
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi,

I am looking for a compatible internal card reader, but that would connect to my motherboard via a SATA port and not one of the USB port of the motherboard, since they are both taken by the USB port of the front panel of my case (Corsair 600T)

Does this kind of internal reader exist indeed ? It's really hard to find information on the subject, because a lot of those card reader have a eSATA port, getting me confused when reading their specs.

Thanks for you help :)

PS :I know at least one seems to exist ( http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820223113 ) but it's out of stock and this trademark is impossible to find in France strangely :|

PS :I know at least one seems to exist ( http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820223113 ) but it's out of stock and this trademark is impossible to find in France strangely :|
Note that that device seems to have two "halves". USB2 to the card readers, and SATA to the eSATA port. My impression is that it won't work unless you connect it to a USB2 port.

Also note that if you plan to use CompactFlash (CF) cards I strongly recommend against that reader. Or in fact any reader with such a shallow CF slot. It's too easy to have the cards not quite parallel to the pins, and end up scratching the pin holes on the card and eventually bending the pins, either in the reader or in your camera (replacing the CF slot in your camera is more expensive than just replacing the reader and the damaged CF card). For CF readers, always look for ones which have deep card slots which eliminate this problem.

I just wrote a post elsewhere in this forum about card readers. Both the readers I recommend over there have deep CF slots.

Sorry, I can't advise on a SATA->CF/SD/etc reader at the moment. But be aware it would have to be on a SATA bus which supports hot-swap (motherboard ports may not support this: it depends on the chipset and drivers).

Thanks for your answer.

So if I understand you correctly, maybe what I'm looking for doesn't exist in fact. Anyway, I realised in the meantime that I have 2 USB 3 port on my motherboard which are free.

So I looked for an internal card reader that could connect on one of them. THe only one I'm sure could do it is from BitFenix :
http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B006SHRL56/?tag=tonymacx86-21

Is it known or used by anyone here ?

PS : BitFenix seems to be well known for their cases more than anything else.

Ahh.
Sorry.

Yeah.

But that's good ! It's exactly what I'm looking for ! I've abandonend the idea of an internal sata connection.
The big deal is to find a way to buy it in Europe...

Hi Eddy did you find the Rosewill in Europe? I also search for a internal card reader for my hack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back