Contribute
Register

Internal Capture Cards that work with MacOS Monterey?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX
CPU
i9-13900K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Good evening.
I am on the hunt for an OBS/Stremlabs-compatible capture card that I am able to run on my MacOS Monterey 12.2.1 build (yeah, I still need to system update).
I am currently using a small USB-Capture Stick that I got on Amazon, and it's able to output in 720, but not 1080 @ 60fps. Although advertised to support 1080, it will intermittently cut out and go black, while recording in 1080, with all settings set to 1080, let alone streaming. It will also cut out if I set it to 720 but have my monitor or console set to anything different.
I know Elgato is a popular brand, but their HD60S and Pros still only seem to be compatible with MacOS if you use their integrated software - meaning not compatible with OBS or Streamlabs, unless I want to window-capture. (=___=) Which is inefficient. Does anyone know if any of their other cards can be directly run through OBS or Streamlabs software? Or if they /all/ have to be streamed directly through their Elgato software?
I remember doing some research /years/ ago, trying to find another brand that may output the same quality, without having to thread through any brand-specific software. I seem to remember the brand "Magewell" coming up, but need to look back into it. That was so long ago.
If anyone has any more information, experience or recommendations on this, that'd be cool.
Thank you sincerely~

good morning,
i have a intensity pro 4k from blackmagic, under monterey, it work fine with OBS, i don't know about stream lab, you can see directly like blackmagic device in OBS, and many software see it under webcam (like zoom).
important thing to know, if you go to professional tool, like bmd, check the compatibility of video signal with recording tool, for example many dvd, stream video service had hdcp protection and you cannot record it, ironically low cost device usb not support this protection, pro sumer capture card do it and stop your recording.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back