Graphics
RX 560
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello, my laptop is having intermittent problems with wake after the High Sierra update to 17G14019 ... initially I thought the computer was crashing but I realized that when it wakes for some reason it shows the login window instead of the regular asking for password after sleep. It has not crashed, because when I do "uptime" it shows has been up for days, so I don't think it is a hackintosh/hardware/strange kext issue. Any idea where can I start looking for the problem? It was working fine with sierra for years - sometimes I did not have a glitch for months before I upgraded to High Sierra a couple of months ago, the only difference in High Sierra I noticed was that the ACPIBattery kext no longer works, and I was having issues with crashing after wake that I solved by setting in pmset standby=0 and standbydelay=0. After that everything looked great for a month or two, and then after this security update every other day when I wake up the laptop it reverts to the login screen I and lose all my windows, etc. Not sure if relevant, but Microsoft Excel gets in a crazy state after this wakeup and consumes all the CPU time, I always have to kill it. Thanks for any help. I can post any logs etc one suggests.

Hello, my laptop is having intermittent problems with wake after the High Sierra update to 17G14019 ... initially I thought the computer was crashing but I realized that when it wakes for some reason it shows the login window instead of the regular asking for password after sleep. It has not crashed, because when I do "uptime" it shows has been up for days, so I don't think it is a hackintosh/hardware/strange kext issue. Any idea where can I start looking for the problem? It was working fine with sierra for years - sometimes I did not have a glitch for months before I upgraded to High Sierra a couple of months ago, the only difference in High Sierra I noticed was that the ACPIBattery kext no longer works, and I was having issues with crashing after wake that I solved by setting in pmset standby=0 and standbydelay=0. After that everything looked great for a month or two, and then after this security update every other day when I wake up the laptop it reverts to the login screen I and lose all my windows, etc. Not sure if relevant, but Microsoft Excel gets in a crazy state after this wakeup and consumes all the CPU time, I always have to kill it. Thanks for any help. I can post any logs etc one suggests.

Even more strange, now the USB flash drives are not working at all. It is not a matter of hardware, because they are recognized and even bootable by Clover, and I can plug-in WD pocket hard drives, a USB Samsung SSD, a camera, all work without any issues, but USB flash drives from San Disk that were working fine this morning don't work anymore. Not seen in diskutil, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back