i9-13900K
Graphics
RX 560
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi,

I've been chasing this issue for days, so I wanted to reach out and see if anyone has any ideas. Basically once in awhile, the machine will freeze. It's always the same way, you can still move the mouse, but you can't click on anything. I've been looking in Console but can't seem to find any indication on WHAT is causing the freeze.

I've attached a copy of my Clover folder, IOReg, and a screenshot of /Library/Extensions. If any other debug info is needed please let me know.

Thanks in advance for any help!

DTk2Wm0US1y57IQbP7gcQg.png

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    2.1 MB · Views: 55
Last edited:
UPDATE: I'm temporarily running with the onboard Intel HD630 instead of the GTX1080, so far today it hasn't frozen up, I'm suspecting the Nvidia Web Drivers might be at fault. (or the way they're configured on my system)

Don't forget - it doesn't do that in Windows, so the hardware seems to be fine...

Out of curiosity, what card is it (manufacturer, etc.)?

I use a GTX 1080 and have gone about 2 weeks between restarts without any freezing. It just sleeps during inactivity and wakes when I need it to. Therefore, I don't think there's an issue with the Nvidia web drivers with the GTX 1080.

I use a GTX 1080 and have gone about 2 weeks between restarts without any freezing. It just sleeps during inactivity and wakes when I need it to. Therefore, I don't think there's an issue with the Nvidia web drivers with the GTX 1080.

Yeah, I'm sure the drivers themselves are fine. There's either something in my config that isn't correct for the card, or it's conflicting with another piece of hardware.

...or it actually is the card...

The Nvidia web drivers really don't have any configurations. They are either enabled or not.

Try with the following changes to your config.plist:
  • In SMBIOS section, enable "Trust"
  • In System Parameters section, change "Inject Kexts" to "Detect".

The Nvidia web drivers really don't have any configurations. They are either enabled or not.

Try with the following changes to your config.plist:
  • In SMBIOS section, enable "Trust"
  • In System Parameters section, change "Inject Kexts" to "Detect".

I'll give this a shot and report back. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back