Contribute
Register

Intermittent booting problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
In fact I was planning to put WhateverGreen and Lilu there to test whether it would improve this booting issue.
Have you ever heard of this problem I'm having? Thanks again for your time
have you made those changes i mentioned in post 7 ?

have you made those changes i mentioned in post 7 ?

Are you sure I should enable those IRQ fixes? I think I already enabled them when I patched DSDT...

Are you sure I should enable those IRQ fixes? I think I already enabled them when I patched DSDT...
probably not necessary then

what other patches have you done in your DSDT?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-04-07 at 8.59.15 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2020-04-07 at 8.59.15 pm.png
    88 KB · Views: 35
did you make those changes i mentioned?

The only other change excluding the resolution (which I've done) was to inject kexts rather than using /L/E...that's easy to switch using Clover booting options. I'll give it a try next time I reboot. I could boot OK the last couple of times with standard setup so this is still baffling me...

The only other change excluding the resolution (which I've done) was to inject kexts rather than using /L/E...that's easy to switch using Clover booting options. I'll give it a try next time I reboot. I could boot OK the last couple of times with standard setup so this is still baffling me...
if you have mad changes then zip and upload your clover folder

if you have mad changes then zip and upload your clover folder

EFI folder still the same, I just tried booting with injected texts. I tried a couple of times and it's working. Verbose mode also working. Standard mode still only works occasionally. Searching on the forum I saw a few other people reporting this problem. I guess I'll keep booting verbose as I like leaving the kexts in /L/E rather than injecting. Thanks for your time @Feartech

EFI folder still the same, I just tried booting with injected texts. I tried a couple of times and it's working. Verbose mode also working. Standard mode still only works occasionally. Searching on the forum I saw a few other people reporting this problem. I guess I'll keep booting verbose as I like leaving the kexts in /L/E rather than injecting. Thanks for your time @Feartech
with catalina, probably best to have your 3rd party kexts in clover

with catalina, probably best to have your 3rd party kexts in clover
I read a little about it when you told me in the initial post, however I have SIP disabled anyway so I'll keep in /L/E for now. Excluding this booting issue my system is super stable.

I remember Rehabman saying that having kexts in Clover is like flying blind, also don't they get loaded in user memory space rather than kernel's if injected?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back