Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I am having trouble booting my MacOS Sierra. What happens is that I need to boot multiple times until I get past the error. Sometimes it takes 1 boot, sometimes 2, sometimes 10. It's completely random, but once it boots into desktop, everything works fine. The error I get when booting with the "-v" flag is the following:

OsxAptiofix2Drv: Starting overrides for \System\Library\CoreServices\boot.efi
Using reloc block: no, hibernate wake: no
Error allocating 0x800 pages at 0x000000000008a00000 alloc type 2
Error loading kernal cache (0x9)

I searched around and found that I should replace OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi with OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi or OsxLowMemFixDrv-64.efi. I tried them all, and OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi gives a similar error, while OsxLowMemFixDrv-64.efi just shows "_" and does nothing.

I'm not sure what to do at this point. I have attached the EFI/Clover folder without Themes.

System Specifications:
Motherboard: p8z68v lx
Processor: i5 2500k
Graphics Card: AMD RX480 8GB

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 128
Last edited:
I am having trouble booting my MacOS Sierra. What happens is that I need to boot multiple times until I get past the error. Sometimes it takes 1 boot, sometimes 2, sometimes 10. It's completely random, but once it boots into desktop, everything works fine. The error I get when booting with the "-v" flag is the following:

I searched around and found that I should replace OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi with OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi or OsxLowMemFixDrv-64.efi. I tried them all, and OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi gives a similar error, while OsxLowMemFixDrv-64.efi just shows "_" and does nothing.

I'm not sure what to do at this point. I have attached the EFI/Clover folder without Themes.

System Specifications:

Config is incorrect. CsrActiveConfig should be 0x67 to avoid booting problems. SMBIOS Trust should be True not False. You have a lot of garbage in drivers64UEFI. Remove the following AppleImageCodec-64.efi, AppleKeyAggregator-64.efi, AppleUITheme-64.efi, FirmwareVolume-64.efi, SMCHelper-64.efi. Better to replace VBoxHfs-64.efi with HFSPlus.efi can be downloaded from https://github.com/VoiletDragon/Z77-DS3H-Clover-Hotpatch-Patches

System Specifications:

Use OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi not OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi.
Set config.plist/RtVariables/CsrActiveConfig=0x67.

After days of pulling my hair out I've just managed to fix my similar problem, i'll leave the solution that worked for me here in case it'll help someone else. It came down to something really simple that I missed during the post installation with MultiBeast.

I've been using Sierra for about 6 months without any glitches but decided to do some spring cleaning and give myself a fresh install. I've done this install with various versions of MacOS without a problem, this time though when I booted up I'd get a 'no entry sign' 50% of the time, with the error message...

As it still worked half the time it wasn't the end of the world, just really really annoying. I tried out every bit of advice I could find on Tony Mac, even going so far as to flash the bios, but with no joy.

I stumbled onto the answer by mistake. Turns out when I installed Multibeast I'd kept the system definition at the default (14,2) which was too "modern" for my setup (GA-B75M-D3P). Using http://www.everymac.com/systems/apple/imac/index-imac.html i picked an iMac that was the closest to my build, through trial and error a mid 2011 model (12,1) did the trick, almost. It was still giving me the OsxAptiofix error 20% of the time now. So I tried swapping OsxAptioFix2 for OsxAptioFix and it's booting 100% of the time now.

I guess the older versions of MB i'd been using gave a earlier system definition by default and so it hadn't been problem before now. I didn't realise quite how crucial getting the right system definition is. Lesson learned, the painful way.

After days of pulling my hair out I've just managed to fix my similar problem, i'll leave the solution that worked for me here in case it'll help someone else. It came down to something really simple that I missed during the post installation with MultiBeast.

I've been using Sierra for about 6 months without any glitches but decided to do some spring cleaning and give myself a fresh install. I've done this install with various versions of MacOS without a problem, this time though when I booted up I'd get a 'no entry sign' 50% of the time, with the error message...

As it still worked half the time it wasn't the end of the world, just really really annoying. I tried out every bit of advice I could find on Tony Mac, even going so far as to flash the bios, but with no joy.

I stumbled onto the answer by mistake. Turns out when I installed Multibeast I'd kept the system definition at the default (14,2) which was too "modern" for my setup (GA-B75M-D3P). Using http://www.everymac.com/systems/apple/imac/index-imac.html i picked an iMac that was the closest to my build, through trial and error a mid 2011 model (12,1) did the trick, almost. It was still giving me the OsxAptiofix error 20% of the time now. So I tried swapping OsxAptioFix2 for OsxAptioFix and it's booting 100% of the time now.

I guess the older versions of MB i'd been using gave a earlier system definition by default and so it hadn't been problem before now. I didn't realise quite how crucial getting the right system definition is. Lesson learned, the painful way.

I am experiencing exactly the same issue, however changing my system definition to 13,2 had no improvement. I tried to replace the OsxAptioFix2 with OsxAptioFix but it does not boot at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back