EVGA 750ti FTW
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi folks, my problem is thus:
I've been having intermittent skipping/glitching/freezing, where audio and video (and probably other activity) freezes for a half-second or so. This happens anywhere from every 30 seconds to every 5 minutes.

I'm posting in audio because this has only happened using the line out from the motherboard (labeled "Built-in Output" in sound) as I recently switched from using the bluetooth output. The sound quality is greatly improved with this setup other than the darned skipping!

If I have Audio MIDI Setup open I see that it actually switches outputs for this split-second, though not to the same output every time. Other than that I can't find any clues to what's going on, and I've tried figuring it out on my own, but am stumped so if anyone has any insights I would be eternally grateful!

tl;dr Audio/Video freezing for half-second periods using line out, only clue is switching outputs in Audio MIDI, I'm stumped

Bump (and also forgot to mention I've reinstalled audio drivers with no success)

Here's an interesting update for anyone with similar problem:
Turning bluetooth off has somewhat reduced the frequency of the problem. I am starting to suspect that my RAM is simply clipping. Another clue: I am a Chrome user and it seems to occur more frequently when I have a lot of busy tabs open.

Finally figured it out for certain; Chrome itself was the issue. I finally realized it was only happening with my browser open. Switched to Firefox and haven't had a hiccup since :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back