CPU
i7-3770K
Graphics
GTX 660 Ti
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
No issues getting outputs to show up in Sound preferences, but audio cuts out every 3-5 seconds.

Using AppleALC 1.3.7 and Lilu 1.3.5, and have removed all Realtek kexts from /S/L/E and /L/E

config.plist info:

• In ACPI, have DSDT patch "change HDAS to HDEF" set to 48444546.

• In Boot, added "lilubetaall" to Custom Flags (see image).

• In Devices, have tried all layouts, and "ResetHDA" is always checked.

Next settings came from previously working High Sierra, prior to Mojave upgrade (see image). Note: I have tried disabling the these three Kext patches and they seem to make no difference.

On a personal note, I fully recognize how thorough and detailed Toleda's AppleHDA Audio Guide is, but I'm having some difficulty following the format of it. I'm sure the answer is likely contained within, I just can't find it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank!

Audioborg

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-04-10 09.50.45.png
    Screenshot 2019-04-10 09.50.45.png
    128.8 KB · Views: 111
  • Screenshot 2019-04-10 09.46.35.png
    Screenshot 2019-04-10 09.46.35.png
    18.5 KB · Views: 104
audio cuts out every 3-5 seconds
Native CPU clock?
In ACPI, have DSDT patch "change HDAS to HDEF" set to 48444546.
Not applicable to your system, remove
In Boot, added "lilubetaall" to Custom Flags (see image).
Not necessary, remove
In Devices, have tried all layouts
All work or none work, did not uninstall previous audio
settings came from previously working High Sierra, prior to Mojave upgrade
Not sufficient, see AppleHDA Realtek Audio/Post #1/X. Uninstall AppleHDA Realtek Audio/2. MultiBeast

I had removed all three patches soon after I posted that, but wasn't able to update the post quick enough.

DSDT patch and lilubetaall were also deleted.

Nothing but FakeSMC in EFI>Clover>kexts>other

AppleALC.kext 1.3.7 is in both S/L/E and L/E. Necessary to have both places?
LiLu 1.3.5 is only in L/E.

Last edited:
Are you implying that having those in S/L/E would cause this problem? If not and you're simply trying to educate me, I appreciate it.

Truth is, I've never really understood the difference between the different kext locations. There are many 3rd party kext files in S/L/E and are placed there by commercial software installers. Utilities like KextBeast have the option of installing kexts in S/L/E, and not having seen the specific guide you linked, perhaps you can understand my confusion. I built this system many years ago for music production, and that's what I do to pay the rent. I don't spend a whole lot of time on this site, until there's an issue like this. My apologies, Toleda. I didn't know that guide existed. Thanks for the help.

As for the existing problem, I don't want to assume anything, so, what should I remove from S/L/E, if any, and what additional steps should I take?

Quick update: I just tried putting AppleALC and Lilu in /L/E only, using KextBeast, then using KextUtility afterwards, but the problem persists. Clover Configurator looks completely clean now, and there are no Realtek kexts anywhere. Any idea what could be causing this? Outputs and inputs are showing up properly and audio does play, but it keeps dropping out every few seconds. Menu bar speaker icon also flashes, which corresponds with the dropouts. I've read the guide nine times and cannot figure it out.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back