Contribute
Register

Interim ALC898 edited Lion AppleHDA.kext

Status
Not open for further replies.
hexart said:
@toleda,
First of all, I'm very grateful for what have you done in Realtek audio.
But you know, alc898 is not perfect for now. Would you please pay more attention about 898 audio chip?
Only the black jack can output the sound, it does bother me for a long time.
Thank you, buddy! :thumbup:

on my setup with same MB as you, i have output (line) on yellow and black. Logic 9 defaults to the yellow output and everything else (when selected in system) use the black jack. (blackjack eh ? ) :)

dont select any audio whatsoever in multibeast, clean everything in extras/extensions about AppleHDA, ALC whatever and only install the attached 898 in the first post. If you roll a few posts back in this thread, there is also a DSDT that "should" work on yours. I have F5 and the other guy had F7.. it works on boths FYI via kextbeast

hexart said:
@toleda,
First of all, I'm very grateful for what have you done in Realtek audio.
But you know, alc898 is not perfect for now. Would you please pay more attention about 898 audio chip?
Only the black jack can output the sound, it does bother me for a long time.
Thank you, buddy! :thumbup:
I do not have the green port/no audio problem. Attach a copy of IOReg that has the problem.

I recently built my 898 system (P8Z77-I Deluxe/3770K/6870) and have no issues with the Interim 898 solution. With AppleHDA.kext_v2.1.7, all audio inputs and AMD/Nvidia HDMI audio is working. Analog audio outputs are not working at this time. I don't know why and have no idea when it will be working.

lol, "make my free software better!"...

some people... :rolleyes:

thanks again, dude!

hexart said:
toleda said:
I do not have the green port/no audio problem. Attach a copy of IOReg that has the problem.

Here it is.
It's very nice of you, Toleda.
I don't want to hijack this, but already know what 's going to be the default answer on this one ;)
You 'll have to attach the .ioreg file...
Can't use the .txt file. Reply with IORegistryExplorer/File/Save a Copy As..., open to verify and attach.
You can also use DSDTSE for ioreg dump.

psydafke said:
hexart said:
Here it is.
It's very nice of you, Toleda.
I don't want to hijack this, but already know what 's going to be the default answer on this one ;)
You 'll have to attach the .ioreg file...
Can't use the .txt file. Reply with IORegistryExplorer/File/Save a Copy As..., open to verify and attach.
You can also use DSDTSE for ioreg dump.
psydafke, could not have said it better. Thanks

Yes, the green connector and the headphones work, which will be the problem?

hexart said:
toleda said:
Here it is.
Apologize for the delay in getting back to you. You IOReg shows no audio is playing and no devices selected. Play something (iTunes) on your speaker/headphones (what ever provides sound and specify the working device) and make a new IOReg.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back