Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R-FC
CPU
i7-950
Graphics
HD 5770
I recently changed from a NVIDIA EVGA GTX 460 SE to a Diamond Radeon HD 5770 because I was getting pretty annoyed with the fermi kernel panics.

Anyway, after changing my Chameleon from Chameleon 2.0 RC5 r699 (from Multibeast 3.1) to Chameleon 2.0 RC5 r700 ATl experimental (from Multibeast 3.1), things just got clunkier. The menu bar would pinwheel when I clicked the apple for system preferences, folders in Finder would take a while to load if they were more than a couple layers deep, and Chrome would get clunky with Flash and loading images. Things would just lock up, pinwheel, then eventually stabilize.

I'd also like to add that RC5 r699 lists in More Info->Graphics "Chipset Model: ATI Radeon 5700 Series" but ATI experimental has "Chipset Model: ATI Radeon 5770"

Any ideas? I went back to RC5 r699 but my novabench score decreased a little. Graphics performance is still not ideal even with the ATI experimental, but still manageable.

gregcotten said:
I recently changed from a NVIDIA EVGA GTX 460 SE to a Diamond Radeon HD 5770 because I was getting pretty annoyed with the fermi kernel panics.

Anyway, after changing my Chameleon from Chameleon 2.0 RC5 r699 (from Multibeast 3.1) to Chameleon 2.0 RC5 r700 ATl experimental (from Multibeast 3.1), things just got clunkier. The menu bar would pinwheel when I clicked the apple for system preferences, folders in Finder would take a while to load if they were more than a couple layers deep, and Chrome would get clunky with Flash and loading images. Things would just lock up, pinwheel, then eventually stabilize.

I'd also like to add that RC5 r699 lists in More Info->Graphics "Chipset Model: ATI Radeon 5700 Series" but ATI experimental has "Chipset Model: ATI Radeon 5770"

Any ideas? I went back to RC5 r699 but my novabench score decreased a little. Graphics performance is still not ideal even with the ATI experimental, but still manageable.
Re-install the Chameleon 2.0 RC5 r700 ATl experimental with System Utilities ticked and reboot, on chameleon bootscreen type PciRoot=1 AtiConfig=Uakari

karacho said:
aleister said:
AtiConfig=Uakari ?

no 5770 is Vervet
Ups...my fault, sorry :crazy: @gregcotten...Just replace Uakari with Vervet

OK cool - is this something that I need to enter every time?

gregcotten said:
karacho said:
aleister said:
AtiConfig=Uakari ?

no 5770 is Vervet
Ups...my fault, sorry :crazy: @gregcotten...Just replace Uakari with Vervet

OK cool - is this something that I need to enter every time?
Nope...if it works, you can add it to your boot.plist later

Could you explain what I would do to "add it later" please?

Shaun2312 said:
Could you explain what I would do to "add it later" please?
In com.apple.Boot.plist

<key>AtiConfig</key>
<string>Vervet</string>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back