Contribute
Register

Interdiction Sign while booting from USB... HELP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Z68X-UD3H-B3
CPU
Intel I7
Graphics
GIGABYTE HD 6870 1GB
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. Xserve
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi everyone,

I am trying to build my frist hackintosh under lion. I bought the hardware for the tonymac's suggestion on November 18.

I downloaded Lion on the appstore this morning and created the Unibeast thumb drive.

When i boot from the usb i get to the grey screen with the apple logo and the wheel spinning. After 30 seconds the is an INTERDICTION sign that appears and it stays there forever with nothing happening.

I must have done something wrong. Is it bios settings? Wrong SATA port connection for the HDD? I would really appreciate some help.

Here are my specs.

Z68X-UDH3-B3
Radeon 6870
Corsair Memory
Corsair Case
Corsair PowerSupply
Sata Barracuda 1T HDD.

Thx in advance, i would really appreciate this to work.

Additionally - another helpful user helped me with this problem - this may be due to a usb issue that can be solved by waiting until the sign graphic appears, then unplugging/re-plugging the usb stick...in my case I plugged it into another port. Seems counter-intuitive, but in my case worked like a charm....the installation continue from there with no issues.

Thx for the help guys. Finally i manage it to work this morning by plugin my usb key in one of the "powered usb 3.0". Installed everything and it runs fine.

My new problem is that only my Powered USB 3.0 are working. The frontPanel ones, and the two usb 2.0 on the back don't work. Any clues?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back