Graphics
Vega 56
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi All

I bought a Vega 56 Graphics Card in March and I haven't been happy since! See below:

Windows 10 Vega 56 OC DisplayPort not Working

So I want to go back to Nvidia. AMD has left such a bad impression on me, I don't want to use AMD again. However, we know if you don't want to use the integrated graphics, you must use an AMD card in Mojave.

I'm currently dual-booting with Mojave and Windows 10. I use Mojave for general purposes, email etc. and I use Windows 10 for gaming.

If I were to buy and install an Nvidia card, would there be a way to use the integrated graphics for Mojave and an Nvidia card for Windows? I'd use 4 cables, 2 outputs from integrated and 2 outputs from the Nvidia card. I'd like it if I would be able to boot into Clover using the integrated graphics, select an OS, the the appropriate graphics would kick in - integrated for Mojave and Nvidia for Windows. Is that even possible?

I'm aware of boot flags in Clover for graphics purposes, but is there a way to get Mojave to ignore outputs from an Nvidia card? Stop injecting the card? Or hide the card entirely by blocking a PCI lane from Clover?

I'd like it if I would be able to boot into Clover using the integrated graphics, select an OS, the the appropriate graphics would kick in - integrated for Mojave and Nvidia for Windows. Is that even possible?

@colinzeal,

Yes it is possible to disable the Nvidia card in MacOS Mojave by using this method :-

Or you can use the WhatEverGreen boot argument -wegnoegpu

Both methods will achieve what you want, but since you will probably need Lilu + WhatEverGreen installed to configure your IGPU the second method is probably the way to go.

Cheers
Jay

Thanks Jay.

I'll have to use the HDMI and DVI ports on the back of the motherboard.

The inputs on the back of the monitors will be VGA.

I could use adapters to convert, but would that have any impact on the display? Frame rates, colours etc?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back