Contribute
Register

Intel's 8th Generation Coffee Lake CPUs Natively Recognized by macOS High Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone have working UHD 630 graphics after the 10.13.4 update?
With 10.13.3 it was fully working with an iMac18,3 sys def, now it shows duplicated entries under System Information / Graphics.
Poor graphics acceleration, flickering, no airplay option on the menubar when using only the UHD 630 without dedicated graphics card. Any help is much appreciated!

Yes, you're right! :thumbup: Now UHD 630 is working in 10.13.3 High Sierra with this configuration:

- BIOS:
- Integrated Graphics: Enable
- Integrated Graphics Memory size: 128MB,
- Init Display first: IGPU (without discrete graphics) or PCIE (if you have supported nVidia or ATI/AMD card in your PC)​
- Clover config:
- GFX0 > IGPU clover DSDT patch
- Boot/Arguments = -disablegfxfirmware
- Devices/FakeID/IntelGFX = 0x59128086
- Graphics/ig-platform-id = 0x59120000
- Graphics/Inject/Intel = true
(- Optional): Graphics/RadeonDeInit = true (if you have a supported ATI/AMD GPU)
(- Optional): SystemParameters/NvidiaWeb = true (if you have a supported nVidia GPU with WebDriver installed)​
- Clover kexts:
- Lilu.kext (latest)
- IntelGraphicsFixup.kext (latest)
(- Optional): NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext (latest, if you have an nVidia card)
I recommend using Clover version r4359 or newer...

View attachment 311324

are you able to sleep it with these settings?

I changed mine to these settings and still got stuck in hibernation when I had power nap enabled in system preferences. Turning that off seems to work, but i'm not 100% sure. need to see over the course of a few days

are you able to sleep it with these settings?

I changed mine to these settings and still got stuck in hibernation when I had power nap enabled in system preferences. Turning that off seems to work, but i'm not 100% sure. need to see over the course of a few days

I used to sleep the display only, with Control + Shift + Eject. (requires an Apple Keyboard because of the eject...)
Didn't try the sleep you described.

No, my question was: have anyone installed macOS Sierra (10.12.6 ecc) on new Coffe Lake?
I don’t want to install High Sierra.... But I’d like to improve my actual build..... So: have anyone installed Sierra(NOT High)?

I've not had any success. I keep getting the prohib sign midway through the install. Same with High Sierra. Maybe Apple has finally pushed out a stop to the community. IDK...

I've not had any success. I keep getting the prohib sign midway through the install. Same with High Sierra. Maybe Apple has finally pushed out a stop to the community. IDK...
Gah! It's the Coffee Lake chip. IDK how to spoof it back a gen, but I finally got a HFS+ 10.13.6 working. I'm being cautious and cloning as I go...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back