Contribute
Register

Intel's 8th Generation Coffee Lake CPUs Natively Recognized by macOS High Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.

tonymacx86

Administrator
Staff member
Motherboard
Z370N WIFI
CPU
i7 8700K
Graphics
HD 630
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
  2. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
coffeecritter.png
Great news for those of you who want to build using the latest bleeding edge hardware. Intel's new 8th Generation Coffee Lake CPUs paired with 300 Series motherboards are recognized by macOS High Sierra without using a spoofed CPU ID. This means that this combination works with our site's UniBeast and MultiBeast tools.

Coffee Lake CPUs include the first hexacore (6 core) Core i7 CPU ever made for consumer-based hardware as well as the first quad-core Core i3 CPU. New 300 Series motherboards are required for Coffee Lake CPUs- although the socket is called LGA1151, 100/200 Series motherboards are incompatible.

Please note that for now we're still recommending 7th Generation Kaby Lake CPUs + 200 Series motherboards in our Buyer's Guide as methods to enable full functionality are well known and documented.

:thumbup:

Last edited:
Very intriguing...

Is this likely due to Apple using the chips in an upcoming product?

Great news. I'm likley going to build one and retire my Skylake to full time Windows 10 machine.

Ah,

I had a sneaky feeling that High Sierra had some Coffee Lake support, as I was able to get full graphics acceleration when using intel UHD630 graphics without using FakeCPU ID.

Possible we will see Coffee Lake Mac Mini’s soon.

Really? Just installed 10.13.1 yesterday but the "About This Mac" page still shows "Unknown"...

Even did SSDT and was going to mess around with Clover settings to get the info displayed. Any help?

i7 8700k
Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Ultra Gaming
Geforce GTX 1070 Ti
32GB

Clover on EFI

Thanks!

Really? Just installed 10.13.1 yesterday but the "About This Mac" page still shows "Unknown"...

Even did SSDT and was going to mess around with Clover settings to get the info displayed. Any help?

i7 8700k
Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Ultra Gaming
Geforce GTX 1070 Ti
32GB

Clover on EFI

Thanks!
This is not a help thread.
Complete your profile as per the rules and start a new thread of your own in High Sierra Desktop Support.

The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you

This is not a help thread.
Complete your profile as per the rules and start a new thread of your own in High Sierra Desktop Support.

Sorry I didn't mean to bother opening a new thread and get help (should've re-phraised that as "any ideas?"...). Just wondering if this information is correct because the way I understand "natively recognized" there shouldn't be anything to do specifically. Again, apologies.

Anyone who's using this system already? Please share your build :)

Anyone who's using this system already? Please share your build :)
Take a look in User Builds and High Sierra Desktop Guides sections of the forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back