Contribute
Register

Intell 600p as boot drive in Macbook Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Macbook Pro 2014
CPU
i5 > Need full CPU model number > See Rules!
Graphics
Intel > Need full model number > See Rules!
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hey everyone,

I've had a thread on MacRumours for the last few days trying to figure out whether I would be able to use an M.2 PCIe SSD in a late 2013 MacBook Pro as a boot drive and also benefit from NVMe performance, and it turns out that there are only a few SSD's that work with each adapter. (https://forums.macrumors.com/thread...ok-pro-ssd-to-m-2-nvme.2034976/#post-24370678)

I seem to have hit a wall with this and I can't seem to figure out why I can't use an Intel 600p in a MacBook Pro or even a Samsung 960 or similar? Was hoping that someone on here might be able to shed some light on the issue.

Thanks in advance for any help!

PS. Hopefully this thread is in the right section of the forum

Hey everyone,

I've had a thread on Macrumours for the last few days trying to figure out whether I would be able to use an M.2 PCIe SSD in a late 2013 Macbook pro as a boot drive and also benefit from NVMe performance, and it turns out that there are only a few SSD's that work with each adapter. (https://forums.macrumors.com/thread...ok-pro-ssd-to-m-2-nvme.2034976/#post-24370678)

I seem to have hit a wall with this and I can't seem to figure out why I can't use an Intel 600p in a Macbook Pro or even a Samsung 960 or similar? Was hoping that someone on here might be able to shed some light on the issue.

Thanks in advance for any help!

PS. Hopefully this thread is in the right section of the forum

You're not even in the right forum - this is for discussion of Hackintoshes (non-Apple hardware running macOS).

You're not even in the right forum - this is for discussion of Hackintoshes (non-Apple hardware running macOS).

Hi there. I understand this isnt hackintosh material, however it it still using non apple hardware in a macbook and I am hoping that someone on here may have experience with either upgrading Macboom Pro SSD's or using the intel 600p.

Would really appreciate any help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back