Contribute
Register

IntelHD 630 freeze while playing games. HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
HP mini Desktop
CPU
Core i3 3.91 Ghz
Graphics
intel 630
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi guys
I run Sierra on my HP mini Desktop powered by core i3 7100. It has 4 G of RAM. When I play games for about 1 hour, screen freezes every time. Sometimes it freezes for 15 Secs sometimes I need to turn off my PC off because it freezes entirely(beach ball pops up). I usually play online games like Diablo 3.
I have attached all important reporting files that I could possibly find.

Attachments

• Reporting prblems.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 57
Sounds like your Mac is running out of memory - there are other causes of the seeing the Mac beachball, but with only 4GB of RAM, running MacOS Sierra operating system and all background processes plus Diablo 3 and your system RAM powers your Intel HD630 graphics.

Suggestion, open up hardware monitor and look at the RAM usage, note that cashed memory may be offloading to your slower installation drive SSD or HDD when the system memory is being fully used. RAM is considerably faster and is a more direct use of memory than cashing RAM. This sounds like the problem that you are experiencing after a period of time with certain applications.

Back in 2013 I could run Mountain Lion and several applications on 4Gb RAM with an SSD comfortably, but since Yosemite macOS has been getting larger and requires more system resources. I really need 8GB today as a comfortable minimum. Ann SSD is also very welcome to aid overall system feel even in simple day to day tasks.
https://www.macworld.com/article/1151583/os-x/spinningbeachballofdeath.html

Sounds like your Mac is running out of memory - there are other causes of the seeing the Mac beachball, but with only 4GB of RAM, running MacOS Sierra operating system and all background processes plus Diablo 3 and your system RAM powers your Intel HD630 graphics.

Suggestion, open up hardware monitor and look at the RAM usage, note that cashed memory may be offloading to your slower installation drive SSD or HDD when the system memory is being fully used. RAM is considerably faster and is a more direct use of memory than cashing RAM. This sounds like the problem that you are experiencing after a period of time with certain applications.

Back in 2013 I could run Mountain Lion and several applications on 4Gb RAM with an SSD comfortably, but since Yosemite macOS has been getting larger and requires more system resources. I really need 8GB today as a comfortable minimum. Ann SSD is also very welcome to aid overall system feel even in simple day to day tasks.
https://www.macworld.com/article/1151583/os-x/spinningbeachballofdeath.html

Thank you very much. :headbang:

Did you add more RAM and found that it solved your freezing issue?
No, it didn't help solve this problem when I run Diablo 3. after 1 hours it randomly freezes.

so I use Whatevergreen + Lilu
and do these steps

1. Remove:
- FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics
- IntelGraphicsFixup
- Shiki
2. Turn off all graphics injections in Clover:
- config.plist/Devices/FakeID/IntelGFX=
ig-platform-id= Actually it is recommended to remove. but I put 0x59120000
ADD devices/devices/ properties
Devices properties key properties values
PciRoot(0)/Pci(0x02,0) # DVMT-prealloc 32MB BIOS, 19MB framebuffer, 9MB cursor bytes (credit RehabMan)

everything works but it needs testing on games.

After testing for 1 hours it still freezes!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back