Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD5
CPU
X5675
Graphics
GTX 780
Hi,
I searched the forum but couldnt find any successfully replies / threads for upgrading my Hackintosh. I have the following config :

Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD5 Motherboard (Dual Bios)
Intel Xeon X5675 processor (6 core - 12 Cpus) - (Westmere-EP Architecture I believe as per google)
Nvidia Geforce GTX 780/PCIe/SSE2
24 GB RAM
512 GB SSD

I need to be able to upgrade from OS X 10.8.5 to High Sierra or Mojave

Thanks.

Hi,
I searched the forum but couldnt find any successfully replies / threads for upgrading my Hackintosh. I have the following config :

Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD5 Motherboard (Dual Bios)
Intel Xeon X5675 processor (6 core - 12 Cpus) - (Westmere-EP Architecture I believe as per google)
Nvidia Geforce GTX 780/PCIe/SSE2
24 GB RAM
512 GB SSD

I need to be able to upgrade from OS X 10.8.5 to High Sierra or Mojave

Thanks.
That hardware can handle High Sierra and Mojave with a MacPro 4.1/5.1 system definition, but it will not install Catalina - the late 2013 (desktop trashcan) and later are the only Mac Pros to handle Catalina without some extensive spoofing in the config.plist.
You might be able to install Catalina with an iMac sysdef.

Thanks a bunch for your reply, now what I did was installed High Sierra on an external 1TB USB drive with my PowerBook. After which I plugged in the External USB drive into non-USB3.0 port. I have Clover Bootloader 5+ installed in my hackintosh in which Mountain Lion 10.8.5 is installed and running smoothly.

What I did was booted into Hackintosh - ML OS and then mounted the EFI of my External 1TB High Sierra Drive and copied the entire EFI folder into the External Drive

Now When i boot , Clover Screen comes up and I select Boot Args and enter "-x -v nv_disable=1 npci=0x3000" and then goto Graphics settings and Check on Video BIOS and then boot the system by select External 1 TB drive.

Now the booting goes all well and then when it enters System Boot I get hit by "timeout[0], (60s); "AppleACPICPU" error " and this flashes 3 times after cetrain intervals and I get a Black Blank Screen.

Despite booting in safe mode and video BIOS what am i doing wrong? Is this the myster of kexts? should i just copy "/syste/library/extensions" folder containing all kexts into Clover EFI folder?? I am stuck here.

when you boot ML with the external drive connected do you see an icon at the clover selection screen to select the HS partition on the external drive to boot it? If yes, try it and see if HS will boot.

Yes I had to add more kexts, rebuild kernel and now there are 2 issues only :

1) Sound not working -> I loaded AppleALC.kext, Lilu.kext and VoodooHDA.kext all three of em installed, however it does show me the sound icon and the sliders with all input output enabled like :

a) Digital Out
b) Digital - out (HDMI)
c) Line Out

Even though all is showing up and I can slide the sliders but no sound output. I have attached Screenshots for the same. I have RTL AC 88* series works fine while testing in boot loader screen

2) I am still working from booting my new HS drive by using Clover Bootloader install in ML drive. It only booted once correctly other than that it simply stops at the BIOS screen "Waiting for DMI Pool......" and nothing happens.

I installed clover bootloader twice but it didnt work.

While the ML loads at "boot/7" , I think the HS drive is at "boot/8" where it should be in "boot/6" is there any way to edit that information???

Attachments

• IMG20191120111009.jpg
    IMG20191120111009.jpg
    356.8 KB · Views: 181
  • IMG20191120111032.jpg
    IMG20191120111032.jpg
    492.7 KB · Views: 149
  • IMG20191120111039.jpg
    IMG20191120111039.jpg
    203.7 KB · Views: 121
Last edited:
Try downloading Clover from Sourceforge and make sure you DO NOT select to install in the EFI - allow Clover to install to the root of your drive. This is the default for Clover, but the installer in MultiBeast will install to EFI partition if there is one even if you select Legacy install. My Legacy BIOS X58A-UD7 will not boot from Clover in the EFI partition - only from Clover in root.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back