Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus Z97-A
CPU
Intel Core i5-4670K
Graphics
HD4600
hi i have a hp laptop with the following wifi/bluetooth card installed Intel Wireless AC-3168NGW. the card is m2 ngff. i am running a successful mojave hackingtosh build but there is no wifi or bluetooth. please tell me an alternate card for my laptop that will work with windows10 and ubuntu 18 as well because i have a triple boot setup on my laptop. i need a wifi card with bluetooth above 4.0 and must be dual band. please suggest asap

the faq has a list of compatible wifi cards:

hi i have a hp laptop with the following wifi/bluetooth card installed Intel Wireless AC-3168NGW. the card is m2 ngff. i am running a successful mojave hackingtosh build but there is no wifi or bluetooth. please tell me an alternate card for my laptop that will work with windows10 and ubuntu 18 as well because i have a triple boot setup on my laptop. i need a wifi card with bluetooth above 4.0 and must be dual band. please suggest asap

@Tousiq,

I replaced the M.2 NGFF Intel card in my 2017 HP Spectre X360 with a DW1830 WiFi/BT combo card which uses a BCM43602 WiFi chipset and a BCM20450 bluetooth controller. WiFi support is handled by installing Lilu + AirportBrcmFixup (see this guide for more info) and BT support by installing @RehabMan's BrcmPatchRAM kexts (see his git hub repo for more info).

If your laptop only has two WiFi/BT antenna connections you should add a third one as I detailed in this post :-

I multiboot my laptop with MacOS, Linux and Windows 10 and the card works in all three OS's with out any issues and has been extremely reliable and is faster than the Intel card that was originally installed.

Cheers
Jay

i'm using DW1820A, work PnP but to activate 5GHz you need to use Lilu + AirportBrcmFixup
the bluetooth can fixed with BrcmPatchRAM2, but my CPU always throttling, so i disable bluetooth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back