Graphics
HD4000
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
As I have observed quite a few G4 cube mods have used the Intel mITX motherboards, currently the DQ77KB has onboard voltage regulation only needing single 19v source, which is a signifiant advantage when moding a cube, as don't need a Pico PSU nor deal with mounting it. The implication is that future mods will have to find another suitable board.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/6685/...board-business-to-ramp-down-over-next-3-years

"Today Intel made a sobering, but not entirely unexpected announcement: over the next 3 years Intel will be ramping down its own desktop motherboard business. Intel will continue to supply desktop chipsets for use by 3rd party motherboard manufacturers like ASUS, ASRock and Gigabyte, but after 2013 it will no longer produce and sell its own desktop mITX/mATX/ATX designs in the channel. We will see Haswell motherboards from the group, but that will be the last official hurrah."

This is a pity! :thumbdown:

The DQ77KB is running very very fine here in my cube mod.

I'm waiting on the Gigabyte H77tn and B75tn to be released, to use in the cube, I hope they aren't AIO specified because I don't need the ability for the on board LVDS display connection.
Anyone heard anything on the vine about release dates?

EDIT. Looks like they are AIO specced. might just do a Z77n-wifi with pico psu. decision.. decision.....

Sad news indeed.. so i need to hurry if i want the dq77kb..
The way I read it, the next generation after the DQ77kb will be the last, do Don't Panic!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back