Contribute
Register

Intel WiFi Driver Effort

Status
Not open for further replies.
All,

I've started work on a project to port the current-generation Intel WiFi drivers from Linux to OS X. Right now it's very, very early in a process that looks to be a very, very long one. I have a kext that identifies compatible hardware and loads and digests the matching firmware, but it doesn't yet do important things like, say, connect to a network.

Still, it's a start, and if anybody has a recent Intel WiFi card and wants to give it a spin and confirm whether it recognized the card successfully, there's a build with instructions here:

https://github.com/ammulder/AppleIntelWiFiMVM/releases/

The list of compatible hardware is here (it includes the Broadwell and Skylake NUC WiFi cards):

https://github.com/ammulder/AppleIntelWiFiMVM/
How to install this driver? Need help...

could the kext work on Intel(R) Wireless-AC 9462

could the kext work on Intel(R) Wireless-AC 9462

Most likely no.

Screen Shot 2020-03-15 at 8.50.15 PM.png

Can it be used on 7265? How well does it work? tks in advance.

Last edited:
Wondering if anyone else is seeing this error message:

kernel) OSMetaClass: Kext com.apple.iokit.IO80211Family class IO80211ActionFrameDescriptor is a duplicate;kext com.apple.iokit.IO80211FamilyV2 already has a class by that name.
(kernel) Kext com.apple.iokit.IO80211Family start failed (result 0xdc00400a).
(kernel) Kext com.apple.iokit.IO80211Family failed to load (0xdc008017).
(kernel) Dependency com.apple.iokit.IO80211Family of kext com.apple.AppleIntelWifiAdapterV2 failed to load.
(kernel) Can't remove kext com.apple.iokit.IO80211Family; services failed to terminate - 0xdc008018.
(kernel) Kext com.apple.AppleIntelWifiAdapterV2 failed to load (0xdc008015).
(kernel) Failed to load kext com.apple.AppleIntelWifiAdapterV2 (error 0xdc008015).

(I'm connecting an intel wifi chip - tried both - AX200 and an 8265NGW to a macbook pro through a thunderbolt3 to PCIE connector)

I saw a forum from china today, someone compiled a kext for intel wifi by using/combine OS X community effort.
due to opensource credit issue, it was deleted..
but looks like it is possible to get intel wifi working now .. 9560 cnvi included..
a lot of more work needs to be done for a public release..

I saw a forum from china today, someone compiled a kext for intel wifi by using/combine OS X community effort.
due to opensource credit issue, it was deleted..
but looks like it is possible to get intel wifi working now .. 9560 cnvi included..
a lot of more work needs to be done for a public release..
If they get the AX chips working that would be real nice along with the Bluetooth 5.0

Does Intel ethernet connect to the I218-V MAC OS 10.14.4 driver

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back