Contribute
Register

Intel WiFi Driver Effort

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks not so...
Hope in future will be support. Think at the moment is a good time for MacOS in other machines. But in future nobody can say it. Better would be Apple would be more open to the community.

Mean Windows is nothing for me, Linux is great for Server Environment, but for Work I prefer MacOS

I have also been working on this over the past months, my work is currently private on github as I haven't wanted to make it available till its ready, but its progressing well. I am going to start off with only supporting MVM cards and later add DVM support.

In order for everyone to keep up with development I shall make it public:

I'm working off of mercurysquad's Voodoo80211 work and converting the the Linux driver written in C to C++, only taking the necessary header files from the Linux source.

Currently its at a very basic phase, it can recognize the hardware and get the appropriate config for the device. Programming is slow for now because I'm trying to figure out what each little puzzle piece does in the bigger picture, but once I start to get an intuition development should speed up rapidly.

A short time ago, I bought my new Zenbook Flip notebook with a AX201 Intel WiFi card in it. Is there any chance it will work with the supported Linux driver on MacOS? Or I want to test first with running your project so I can post the driver results here if that helps.

My project isnt done yet so you wont be able to test that, and that wont be ready for the next few months. Plus for now it will only be supporting MVM cards (7000,8000,9000) series from what I can remember. DVM will probably be supported at a later point but for now it reduces the code base by a decent size, making it a bit easier to implement.

My project isnt done yet so you wont be able to test that, and that wont be ready for the next few months. Plus for now it will only be supporting MVM cards (7000,8000,9000) series from what I can remember. DVM will probably be supported at a later point but for now it reduces the code base by a decent size, making it a bit easier to implement.

Just wanted to say thanks for all your time and dedication to this project. I have an Intel 8265 in my Dell XPS 13 which is soldered to the motherboard. Eagerly awaiting this project :)

I'm currently on 10.15 with no real issues aside from the wifi. I'm using a TP-Link micro adapter plugged into a USB-C to A adapter. Works for now but getting the built in card working would be amazing =)

Thanks again!

Hi guys! There's some good news. Someone made a driver for intel except it is quite unstable but you can now connect to the internet. Some users say that it is best to try the kext with 7xxx versions instead of 8xxx/9xxx because of it being more stable than newer versions. This requires Mojave/Catalina installed as they made the driver for Mojave and may not work with lower macOS versions. Check this github issue here, it's a thread and worth reading. Scroll down the issue to download the latest kext rev.

EDIT: The driver is currently closed-sourced as per what the users are saying.

yes,i am the user of there,now,the driver also has many problems,it can actually make intel wifi connect the Internet,but it always make you computer reboot,as i know ,there are little version can work,as they say only 7265ac now can work normal.

yes,i am the user of there,now,the driver also has many problems,it can actually make intel wifi connect the Internet,but it always make you computer reboot,as i know ,there are little version can work,as they say only 7265ac now can work normal.

Hi,

I've Intel 7265ac. Can you please send me latest KEXT?

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back