Register

Intel WiFi Driver Effort

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is the output for kext with kextutil

Code:
MacBook-Pro:~ dhankhar$ sudo chown -R root:wheel Black80211.kext
MacBook-Pro:~ dhankhar$ sudo kextutil Black80211.kext
Kext with invalid signatured (-67050) allowed: <OSKext 0x7f902e43ed40 [0x7fffadd94980]> { URL = "Black80211.kext/ -- file:///Users/dhankhar/", ID = "net.rpeshkov.Black80211" }
Black80211.kext - dependency 'com.apple.iokit.IO80211Family' not found.
Code Signing Failure: code signature is invalid
Dependency Resolution Failures:
No kexts found for these libraries: com.apple.iokit.IO80211Family
Diagnostics for Black80211.kext:
Dependency Resolution Failures:
No kexts found for these libraries: com.apple.iokit.IO80211Family

Hm, interesting... Looks like your system doesn't have IO80211Family kext. Please provide here output for command:

Code:
ls /System/Library/Extensions/IO80211*

Hm, interesting... Looks like your system doesn't have IO80211Family kext. Please provide here output for command:

Code:
ls /System/Library/Extensions/IO80211*

Yeah thanks for pointing out, i might have accidentally deleted them . So installed them again and below is output to load kext with kextutil

Code:
Password:
Kext with invalid signatured (-67050) allowed: <OSKext 0x7fe5fdc1d7a0 [0x7fffaa05d980]> { URL = "Black80211.kext/ -- file:///Users/dhankhar/", ID = "net.rpeshkov.Black80211" }
Invalid signature -67050 for kext <OSKext 0x7fe5fdc1d7a0 [0x7fffaa05d980]> { URL = "Black80211.kext/ -- file:///Users/dhankhar/", ID = "net.rpeshkov.Black80211" }
MacBook-Pro:~ dhankhar$

Yeah thanks for pointing out, i might have accidentally deleted them . So installed them again and below is output to load kext with kextutil

Code:
Password:
Kext with invalid signatured (-67050) allowed: <OSKext 0x7fe5fdc1d7a0 [0x7fffaa05d980]> { URL = "Black80211.kext/ -- file:///Users/dhankhar/", ID = "net.rpeshkov.Black80211" }
Invalid signature -67050 for kext <OSKext 0x7fe5fdc1d7a0 [0x7fffaa05d980]> { URL = "Black80211.kext/ -- file:///Users/dhankhar/", ID = "net.rpeshkov.Black80211" }
MacBook-Pro:~ dhankhar$

Great, it was loaded! Now check network preferences to see whether you have WiFi there or not.

Looks like it can't be loaded because of invalid signature. It's actually fine, because it's not signed, but I guess you have a restriction in the system that doesn't allow to load unsigned kexts.

Please provide output of
Code:
kextstat
command here and attach your clover config.

Last edited:
- Disassemble IO80211Family.kext and try to reverse-engineer MacOS IEEE 802.11 headers.
Have you ever disassemble/reverse-engineer AirPortBrcm4360.kext? DW1820A was native supported, but has some problem in El Capitan and following version of macOS.

Have you ever disassemble/reverse-engineer AirPortBrcm4360.kext? DW1820A was native supported, but has some problem in El Capitan and following version of macOS.
No I didn't and I'm not going to do this. First, reversing is quite difficult task that takes a lot of time and the second - I don't have Broadcom adapters to test on.

No I didn't and I'm not going to do this. First, reversing is quite difficult task that takes a lot of time and the second - I don't have Broadcom adapters to test on.
It is difficult for me to decide that whether reversing existing Apple kext for Atheros/BroadCom or developing new kext for intel card. Both not easy to achieve...

It is difficult for me to decide that whether reversing existing Apple kext for Atheros/BroadCom or developing new kext for intel card. Both not easy to achieve...
How do reversing of Atheros/BroadCom may help you with Intel card? Reversing them might help you with understanding on how to communicate with OS, but it won't help you with understanding on how to work with Intel hardware. For me the source of truth for Intel hardware is Linux module (IWL).

How do reversing of Atheros/BroadCom may help you with Intel card? Reversing them might help you with understanding on how to communicate with OS, but it won't help you with understanding on how to work with Intel hardware. For me the source of truth for Intel hardware is Linux module (IWL).
The problem I meet is that a native supported card (DW1820A) not works properly on certain laptop (include mine). So I will decide digging existing apple I/O Kit Driver and create binary patch to let these card work, or go into creating Intel I/O Kit driver hell...:(

The problem I meet is that a native supported card (DW1820A) not works properly on certain laptop (include mine). So I will decide digging existing apple I/O Kit Driver and create binary patch to let these card work, or go into creating Intel I/O Kit driver hell...:(
Join Intel hell. It's fun here :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back