Contribute
Register

Intel WiFi Driver Effort

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm supportive of this effort and will even switch my intel card back in to test once it reaches a point I can

Small update.

Big thanks to @ydeng, who reversed headers for IOKitFamily80211 from High Sierra. I updated them to be compatible with Sierra (as I previously mentioned, High Sierra works terrible on my machine) and now we're able to load black80211.kext. This gives us one small thing:
View attachment 328992

WiFi adapter is visible in settings and MacOS sends some IOCTLs to the driver! Next step is to understand how to work with all those ioctls available and respond back correctly so that operating system will understand what do we want.

Tomorrow I'll update GitHub repository with new headers and provide built kexts so that anyone who want to test it will be able to do it.

For those who interested: NO, this doesn't mean that once you load kext your WiFi card will start working. There are still a looooooot of work need to be done in order to make it work.
My daily routine is to check your repository to see whether there are something new. Really expect your success and hope you will reach there.

Hi guys,

I updated GitHub repo and built kexts for Sierra and HighSierra. Could you please download kext and try to load it on your system? If kext would be loaded correctly, you should be able to see WiFi adapter in network settings.

You can grab kext here: https://github.com/rpeshkov/black80211/releases

Hi guys,

I updated GitHub repo and built kexts for Sierra and HighSierra. Could you please download kext and try to load it on your system? If kext would be loaded correctly, you should be able to see WiFi adapter in network settings.

You can grab kext here: https://github.com/rpeshkov/black80211/releases

Just installed it on my high sierra for intel dual band wireless-ac 7265 but i cant find anything on network preference. Can i do any troubleshooting ?

Could you please provide output of kextstat command here?

Also, please try to add new WiFi interface. Press add button in the list of interfaces (small button in the bottom of the list with plus sign) and select WiFi interface in the dialog window. Do you have WiFi interface there?

Hi guys .I just bought a Mobo the ga z370n that came with Intel AC8265.
How is the status. Does anybody know if the Bluetooth work on hackintosh?
Thanks

Could you please provide output of kextstat command here?

Also, please try to add new WiFi interface. Press add button in the list of interfaces (small button in the bottom of the list with plus sign) and select WiFi interface in the dialog window. Do you have WiFi interface there?

Hi black_wizard i am not sure which kext commands you are talking about . Sorry but i am newbie here , below are commands of kext installation (i used kext utility).
Detected ... Darwin Kernel Version 17.3.0.
Start working: 2018-05-05 10:03:49 +0530
Task: Install "Black80211.kext (arches) x86_64" to "/System/Library/Extensions"
Install: "Black80211.kext" ... OK.
Repairing Permissions for "/System/Library/Extensions/Black80211.kext" ... Done.
-- Total processed: 7 files for 0 sec.
Updating the system cache files ...KernelCache ID: 8D50EC0880D8386BC108CF768C6F1EEE
... Done
-- Build time = 11 sec.
Syncing disk cache ... Done.
All done.
Have a nice ... day(night)
Enjoy ...

If this is not what you have asked for please guide me what we are looking for :)

ALso i dont find any wifi interface in network perfrences, even after clicking plus button . Only Ethernet and Bluetooth is available .

Thanks

Hi black_wizard i am not sure which kext commands you are talking about . Sorry but i am newbie here , below are commands of kext installation (i used kext utility).
Detected ... Darwin Kernel Version 17.3.0.
Start working: 2018-05-05 10:03:49 +0530
Task: Install "Black80211.kext (arches) x86_64" to "/System/Library/Extensions"
Install: "Black80211.kext" ... OK.
Repairing Permissions for "/System/Library/Extensions/Black80211.kext" ... Done.
-- Total processed: 7 files for 0 sec.
Updating the system cache files ...KernelCache ID: 8D50EC0880D8386BC108CF768C6F1EEE
... Done
-- Build time = 11 sec.
Syncing disk cache ... Done.
All done.
Have a nice ... day(night)
Enjoy ...

If this is not what you have asked for please guide me what we are looking for :)

ALso i dont find any wifi interface in network perfrences, even after clicking plus button . Only Ethernet and Bluetooth is available .

Thanks
Hi chill047,

Oh, you installed kext right into your SLE folder. You should better remove it, since it's very-very unstable and may break your system.

Could you please just try to load kext with kextutil? In terminal execute following commands:

Code:
sudo chown -R root:wheel Black80211.kext
sudo kextutil Black80211.kext

And provide output of those commands here.

Hi chill047,

Oh, you installed kext right into your SLE folder. You should better remove it, since it's very-very unstable and may break your system.

Could you please just try to load kext with kextutil? In terminal execute following commands:

Code:
sudo chown -R root:wheel Black80211.kext
sudo kextutil Black80211.kext
And provide output of those commands here.

Here is the output for kext with kextutil

Code:
MacBook-Pro:~ dhankhar$ sudo chown -R root:wheel Black80211.kext
MacBook-Pro:~ dhankhar$ sudo kextutil Black80211.kext
Kext with invalid signatured (-67050) allowed: <OSKext 0x7f902e43ed40 [0x7fffadd94980]> { URL = "Black80211.kext/ -- file:///Users/dhankhar/", ID = "net.rpeshkov.Black80211" }
Black80211.kext - dependency 'com.apple.iokit.IO80211Family' not found.
Code Signing Failure: code signature is invalid
Dependency Resolution Failures:
No kexts found for these libraries: com.apple.iokit.IO80211Family
Diagnostics for Black80211.kext:
Dependency Resolution Failures:
No kexts found for these libraries: com.apple.iokit.IO80211Family

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back