Contribute
Register

Intel WiFi Driver Effort

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys! after a fresh install of 11.4 why the intel-3160 detected out of the box. Why? I didn't even install the kext.

Screen Shot 2016-07-08 at 21.46.12.png

Last edited:
DPCIManager display has nothing to do with anything being "recognized".

I meant "detected" not "recognized" or "activated".

I figured it out! Its "pci.ids" file in DPCIManager app folder.

thank you for such a kindly reply RehabMan

Screen Shot 2016-07-09 at 03.14.25.png

Last edited:
Tested for Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless AC 8260.

Screen Shot 2016-07-09 at 03.43.49.png

Checkout the log file down there.

Attachments

• AppleIntelWiFiMVM.txt
    9.5 KB · Views: 528
I meant "detected" not "recognized" or "activated".

I figured it out! Its "pci.ids" file in DPCIManager app folder.

DPCIManager just reads what is on the PCI bus (from ioreg).

All,

I've started work on a project to port the current-generation Intel WiFi drivers from Linux to OS X. Right now it's very, very early in a process that looks to be a very, very long one. I have a kext that identifies compatible hardware and loads and digests the matching firmware, but it doesn't yet do important things like, say, connect to a network.

Still, it's a start, and if anybody has a recent Intel WiFi card and wants to give it a spin and confirm whether it recognized the card successfully, there's a build with instructions here:

https://github.com/ammulder/AppleIntelWiFiMVM/releases/

The list of compatible hardware is here (it includes the Broadwell and Skylake NUC WiFi cards):

https://github.com/ammulder/AppleIntelWiFiMVM/
I can try to make some developments on it if you like, but I would need and hint on where to start (what routines are missing for making it fully functional, after firmware parsing)

Any update for this project?

Please do not give up the intel ac7265 project, we are confident that only you guys , and that they can carry through this project.

Please please please please please please, could you port also Intel Centrino Wireless-N 100 driver?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back