Intel WiFi Driver Effort

Motherboard
ThinkPad Yoga 12
CPU
i5-5200U
Graphics
HD 5500, 1920x1080
Multiple reasons for Intel wifi support:

1. As said before, some manufacturers (HP, looking at you) whitelist only certain modules - not even models, modules. So you can have the same thing but by a different manufacturer, and it won't work (e.g. a Dell 7625 won't work, an HP 7625 would)
2. M.2 WiFi cards are not "inexpensive" - especially the ones that match the original specs of most high-end laptops. An equivalent (867/1200Mbps) card starts around 50$ - far from inexpensive.
3. Lots of laptops, mine included (HP Omen 15-ax204nh) won't allow you to even swap the HDD without voiding the warranty... Really shitty but that's life.
1. Maybe the solution for hackintosh laptops would be to do like for hackintosh desktops: to select and choose only hardware that are the most compatible to be hackintoshed (that would mean to not try to hackintosh one that has wifi whitelist)
2. yeah, I've bought a M.2 BCM94352Z for 22€ . Yeah not 1200Mbps but AC-867Mbps.
3. maybe these not-serviceable-laptops are not suited at first to become a proper hackintosh

What I could suggest for people wanting hardly a full working Intel Wifi driver is to go on https://www.bountysource.com/ and to create an incentive to get a developper or a team of developpers working on this project, then dropping a 100$ bounty on this incentive and gather other interested people dropping money on it to reach an amount (maybe several thousands of dollars) that would get someone to dedicate lots of time, reverse engineering, development and testing on this project.

Last edited:
Motherboard
Intel NUC
CPU
i5-5250U
Graphics
HD 6000
Mobile Phone
iOS
Code:
sudo chown -R root:wheel <path to kext>
sudo kextutil <path to kext>
last command gives unexpected result. Intel 7265d2w, MacOS 10.14.2

Code:
Kext with invalid signatured (-67050) allowed: <OSKext 0x7fe4c4510500 [0x7fffa48458f0]> { URL = "IntelWifi.kext/ -- file:///Users/bleysus/Downloads/", ID = "net.rpeshkov.IntelWifi" }

Code Signing Failure: code signature is invalid

Disabling KextAudit: SIP is off

Invalid signature -67050 for kext <OSKext 0x7fe4c4510500 [0x7fffa48458f0]> { URL = "IntelWifi.kext/ -- file:///Users/bleysus/Downloads/", ID = "net.rpeshkov.IntelWifi" }

Motherboard
ThinkPad Yoga 12
CPU
i5-5200U
Graphics
HD 5500, 1920x1080
More intel WiFi news. New intel CPUs that may go into MacBooks?

https://9to5mac.com/2019/01/17/intel-2019-cpu/
From the article:
We can never know for sure when Apple will adopt a new generation of Intel CPU even when it is available
So,
- IF Apple decides to use this new gen Intel CPU
and
- IF Apple decides to use the wifi part of the CPU
THEN maybe there will have a possibility to get a MacOS driver for that generation of new CPU with integrated wifi chips only. So only for hackintoshs equiped with that same CPU-with-wifi chip would benefit from this driver -> that means not for former generations of not-CPU-integrated-wifi-chips ;)

As with "Foveros" design, Intel will go to 3D stacked integration of its CPUs with a modular approach, the board manufacturers (like Apple) will have the possibility to ask Intel to get CPUs "à la carte" with that or that customized sub-module or not. A bit like ARM SoC approach...
https://www.theverge.com/2018/12/12/18137401/intel-foveros-3d-chip-stacking-10nm-roadmap-future

Motherboard
GIGABYTE Z170M D3H
CPU
i5-6500
Graphics
RX 480
Mac
iMac
From the article:

So,
- IF Apple decides to use this new gen Intel CPU
and
- IF Apple decides to use the wifi part of the CPU
THEN maybe there will have a possibility to get a MacOS driver for that generation of new CPU with integrated wifi chips only. So only for hackintoshs equiped with that same CPU-with-wifi chip would benefit from this driver -> that means not for former generations of not-CPU-integrated-wifi-chips ;)

As with "Foveros" design, Intel will go to 3D stacked integration of its CPUs with a modular approach, the board manufacturers (like Apple) will have the possibility to ask Intel to get CPUs "à la carte" with that or that customized sub-module or not. A bit like ARM SoC approach...
https://www.theverge.com/2018/12/12/18137401/intel-foveros-3d-chip-stacking-10nm-roadmap-future
Yes, but IF they do use Intel WIFI it may open the door to other Intel device IDs. There may at least be a kext added to work with.

Motherboard
LENOVO ThinkPad E560
CPU
i5-6200U
Graphics
HD 520
Mobile Phone
iOS
All,

I've started work on a project to port the current-generation Intel WiFi drivers from Linux to OS X. Right now it's very, very early in a process that looks to be a very, very long one. I have a kext that identifies compatible hardware and loads and digests the matching firmware, but it doesn't yet do important things like, say, connect to a network.

Still, it's a start, and if anybody has a recent Intel WiFi card and wants to give it a spin and confirm whether it recognized the card successfully, there's a build with instructions here:

https://github.com/ammulder/AppleIntelWiFiMVM/releases/

The list of compatible hardware is here (it includes the Broadwell and Skylake NUC WiFi cards):

https://github.com/ammulder/AppleIntelWiFiMVM/

Hello
I downloaded the files and entered and run the code you said in the terminal.
The system then automatically restarts.
After the rise of the WiFi system, it was not detected and enabled.
I would appreciate if you help me to resolve my problem.

Feartech

Motherboard
Asus N752VX-Clover
CPU
i7-6700HQ / HM170
Graphics
HD530 + GTX 950m 1920 x 1080
Mac
iMac
Mobile Phone
Android
Hello
I downloaded the files and entered and run the code you said in the terminal.
The system then automatically restarts.
After the rise of the WiFi system, it was not detected and enabled.
I would appreciate if you help me to resolve my problem.
intel wifi is not support currently

CPU
intel i5 6198DU 2.8GHz
Graphics
intel HD graphics 520 / Nvidia Geforce 920Mx
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
Android
May I know why they are not supported in the first place ? and which project aiming to make it work is going the most strong right now ? I saw one on GitHub but it was not touched since 2016

Feartech

Motherboard
Asus N752VX-Clover
CPU
i7-6700HQ / HM170
Graphics
HD530 + GTX 950m 1920 x 1080
Mac
iMac
Mobile Phone
Android
May I know why they are not supported in the first place ? and which project aiming to make it work is going the most strong right now ? I saw one on GitHub but it was not touched since 2016
Because Apple doesn't use Intel Wifi, there is no support for it

Motherboard
DELL
CPU
intel core i5
Graphics
intel HD4000
Hi ammulder, I wanted to do the samething for my dell 5520 wifi adapter which is (DELL Wireless 1703 802.11b|g|n 2.4GHz) may I ask you how to get the resources to develop or port the existing driver in linux, I will appreciate your help