Register

Intel WiFi Driver Effort

Motherboard
GA-Z170N-WIFI
CPU
Core i7 6700k
Graphics
EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960
I was reading this thread very carefully but i still can't quite understand if Bluetooth works 100%?
i dont really care as much for WiFi, i have a Intel 8260 NGW.

Does the kext activate the bluetooth? people here are not very clear about this...

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
HD 3000
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hi guys,

Does anyone has positive experience in debugging hackintosh with remote kernel debugger?

My current setup is: MacBook Air (with TB to Ethernet adapter) and Samsung RC530-S01 with Realtek Ethernet adapter. I was able to connect remote debugger from Hack to Mac, but not from Mac to Hack. When kernel in Hack goes into panic and I try to execute "kdp-remote <ip addr of hack>" in lldb I get "KDP_REATTACH failed" error. When I do the same from Hack to Mac - everything works fine.
It probably won't work... special support must be coded into the Ethernet drivers.
I'm assuming you're using Mieze's Realtek Ethernet kext, which does not have this support.

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
HD 3000
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
I was reading this thread very carefully but i still can't quite understand if Bluetooth works 100%?
i dont really care as much for WiFi, i have a Intel 8260 NGW.

Does the kext activate the bluetooth? people here are not very clear about this...
Off-topic.
This topic relates to WiFi only.

Motherboard
Samsung RC530-S01
CPU
Core i7 2630QM
Graphics
Intel HD Graphics 3000
Mobile Phone
iOS
It probably won't work... special support must be coded into the Ethernet drivers.
I'm assuming you're using Mieze's Realtek Ethernet kext, which does not have this support.
Yes, it's Mieze's kext. It's sad that this kext doesn't have this ability :( Are there any open-source ethernet kexts that have this ability or maybe there's some documentation about KDP? I may try to implement this in Mieze's kext.

One of another options that I will try for workaround is Linux+Mac on VM. I see that VirtualBox has the ability of PCI passthrough on Linux. So, I will just disable Wifi module on Linux and do passthrough to VM. I guess it's not necessary to disable module on Linux, but I don't want any side effects during development.

Motherboard
Samsung RC530-S01
CPU
Core i7 2630QM
Graphics
Intel HD Graphics 3000
Mobile Phone
iOS
Yes, it's Mieze's kext. It's sad that this kext doesn't have this ability :( Are there any open-source ethernet kexts that have this ability or maybe there's some documentation about KDP? I may try to implement this in Mieze's kext.

One of another options that I will try for workaround is Linux+Mac on VM. I see that VirtualBox has the ability of PCI passthrough on Linux. So, I will just disable Wifi module on Linux and do passthrough to VM. I guess it's not necessary to disable module on Linux, but I don't want any side effects during development.
Quickly looked through documentation for IONetworkController class. From the first sight, it doesn't look too hard to implement KDP. I will spend some time on this and maybe get the result in short time.

P.S. Quick googling gave me this results: http://unix.superglobalmegacorp.com/xnu/newsrc/iokit/Drivers/network/drvPPCUniN/UniNEnet.cpp.html Maybe this will also help in implementation.

Motherboard
GA-Z170N-WIFI
CPU
Core i7 6700k
Graphics
Off-topic.
This topic relates to WiFi only.
Thats fine but i dont see why talking about Bluetooth on these chips is prohibited on this topic.
since the kext makes the hardware run properly (or at least be recognised properly by the system) i assumed Bluetooth would
get enabled as a by product.

If the Wifi will work thats just another bonus for me, but i really dont want to make useless purchases of natively supported
modules if i can get the Intel 8260 chip running.

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
HD 3000
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
i dont see why talking about Bluetooth on these chips is prohibited on this topic.
This topic is specific to WiFi.
Note title: "Intel WiFi Driver Effort"

since the kext makes the hardware run properly (or at least be recognised properly by the system) i assumed Bluetooth would
get enabled as a by product.
Bluetooth is separate hardware on a completely separate bus (BT on USB, WiFi on PCIe).

Motherboard
GA H370N-Wifi
CPU
i7 8700
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
@black_wizard here is my output:
_____
Kext with invalid signatured (-67050) allowed: <OSKext 0x7ffc685234b0 [0x7fff8d3f6af0]> { URL = "file:///Users/kevinagnes/Documents/Black80211.kext/", ID = "net.rpeshkov.Black80211" }

Code Signing Failure: code signature is invalid

Invalid signature -67050 for kext <OSKext 0x7ffc685234b0 [0x7fff8d3f6af0]> { URL = "file:///Users/kevinagnes/Documents/Black80211.kext/", ID = "net.rpeshkov.Black80211" }
_____

Cheers!

Attachments

Motherboard
GA-Z170N-WIFI
CPU
Core i7 6700k
Graphics
So careful you miss a report of Bluetooth working that was posted 3 messages before this.

Now, don’t expect any macOS/iOS Bluetooth dependent feature to work. This is barebones Bluetooth and that’s it.
As long as i can use any bluetooth keyboard and mouse ill be happy for now while this project hopefully gets somewhere.
I actually plugged the card into the slot and bluetooth was enabled automatically without any kext. (only the USB fix)
ill try to connect to some other device other then the iPhone since they dont even see each other.
if it works ill also try my part with the Wifi

Last edited: