Contribute
Register

Intel WiFi Driver Effort

Status
Not open for further replies.
Due to a pure virtual not being implemented in a subclass.

Read here:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/99552/where-do-pure-virtual-function-call-crashes-come-from

It is difficult to instantiate an instance of a class with an unimplemented pure virtual (with new), but probably possible with IOKit runtime instantiation.

Yep, I know what it is, but it's really difficult to catch where it is. Since kexts are working on kernel level, whenever abnormal termination happens, it crashes whole system. That's basically main difficulty here.

Hm, I uploaded wrong version of black80211... Looks like after I restored my hack from backup I didn't pull changes from my private repo. Now in github there's the latest version of black80211 project.

Regarding what happens, I've attached kernel panic I get when try to load kext.

Attachments

• out.txt
    8 KB · Views: 186
Hi,
I've understood that wifi could not be activated on a "Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 8265".
What about BlueTooth ?
Can it work ?

Hi, ammulder.

I have a Intel 8260 wifi and would like to test it for you.

I upload the driver-file. It's recognized correctly. Since I don't know much about the hardware, I log the result from Console.app and hope it's useful for you.

View attachment 178239
It's a great job.
hello,
I have intel 8260 wifi and it doesnt work... help me how can I patch it
High Sierra 10.13.4 (bluetooth is inestable)
Thanks

hello,
I have intel 8260 wifi and it doesnt work... help me how can I patch it
High Sierra 10.13.4 (bluetooth is inestable)
Thanks
intel wifi is not currently supported

Small update.

Big thanks to @ydeng, who reversed headers for IOKitFamily80211 from High Sierra. I updated them to be compatible with Sierra (as I previously mentioned, High Sierra works terrible on my machine) and now we're able to load black80211.kext. This gives us one small thing:
upload_2018-5-1_23-32-27.png

WiFi adapter is visible in settings and MacOS sends some IOCTLs to the driver! Next step is to understand how to work with all those ioctls available and respond back correctly so that operating system will understand what do we want.

Tomorrow I'll update GitHub repository with new headers and provide built kexts so that anyone who want to test it will be able to do it.

For those who interested: NO, this doesn't mean that once you load kext your WiFi card will start working. There are still a looooooot of work need to be done in order to make it work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back