Contribute
Register

Intel UHD 630 iGPU not being recognized (Display 7 MB)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GIGABYTE Z390 M GAMING
CPU
Intel Core i5-9600K
Graphics
Intel UHD 630 (iGPU)
Hi!

I'm newby hackintosher, and this is my first build:
Motherboard: Gigabyte Z390M Gaming
CPU: Intel Core i5 9600K
GPU: Intel UHD 630 (iGPU)

Installation went pretty well also getting audio and network to work was easy as well.
My only issue is that my UHD 630 doesn't seem to get recognized. When I open About this Mac... dialog, in the Graphics line, it writes "Display 7 MB". Also the general OS graphics look pretty basic (no transparency e.g.).

I tried Hackintool app, but the provided platform-ids did not seem to change anything.
I attach my clover folder, .plist and bootlog.

Please, help me get this sorted out!

Attachments

• bootlog.txt
    26.1 KB · Views: 124
  • CLOVER.zip
    2.7 MB · Views: 79
  • config.plist
    6.4 KB · Views: 110
Hi!

I'm newby hackintosher, and this is my first build:
Motherboard: Gigabyte Z390M Gaming
CPU: Intel Core i5 9600K
GPU: Intel UHD 630 (iGPU)

Installation went pretty well also getting audio and network to work was easy as well.
My only issue is that my UHD 630 doesn't seem to get recognized. When I open About this Mac... dialog, in the Graphics line, it writes "Display 7 MB". Also the general OS graphics look pretty basic (no transparency e.g.).

I tried Hackintool app, but the provided platform-ids did not seem to change anything.
I attach my clover folder, .plist and bootlog.

Please, help me get this sorted out!

did you get it to work?
same mobo no luck :/

Check Pastrychefs golden build about halfway down his guid it talks about using IGPU only it might help you.

I have had no luck getting the Intel HD 530 IGPU to work with Catalina 10.15.4 on MSI laptop. It boots to Catalina with no issues, but Graphics shows "Display 8 MB" and I have tried several solutions so far to get the IGPU to work but no luck. I also don't even seen an option in the BIOS to enable/disable IGPU. The BIOS settings on this laptop are very limited.

Will the Hackintool fix this issue? With your guys expertise, what are the steps I should take when I only see "Display 8 MB?" I see others who say they see "Intel HD 530 7 MB" but I cannot even get any functionality out of the IGPU. Aside from getting the graphics and HDMI stuff to work, I also still need to figure out how to activate the sound on this laptop. Everything else is working though.

Also, I noticed that MultiBeast v8.2 for El Capitan has "Intel HD 530" as an option but that tool does not see my M.2 Samsung NVMe drive (which is what MacOS Catalina is installed to). Should I try installing El Capitan on this laptop just to see if the MultiBeast checkbox works or is the Hackintool my only hope?

Ideally, I would like to get either Mojave or Catalina to work for the sole purpose of using the dark mode when organizing my iTunes library. It's easier on my eyes and it's pretty much my only intended use for getting Hackintosh to work on my system.

Laptop Specs:

System: MSI GT73VR Titan
Skylake Processor: Intel Core i7 6820HK (HD 530)
Graphics (other): NVIDIA GTX 1080

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back