CPU
i3 8100
Graphics
GTX 1050
Mac
  1. MacBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
So I've finally taken the challenge to try Catalina (version 10.15.5). After some bios and bootflag tweaks, I've managed to install and boot it up, however, I can't seem to get graphics acceleration to work. I would greatly appreciate any help.

Though I'm not sure if this is important, my system will currently only boot normally with an iMac 19,2 SMBIOS. Trying otherwise results on a black screen after the progress bar has reached around 70%. This will also happen if I set an ig-platform-id other than the iMac 19,2 referred value (0x3E9B0007).

My CPU is an i3-8100 Coffee Lake.

I'm unaware of where else to look this up. You'll find my EFI folder attached.

Thanks.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    22.5 MB · Views: 110
  • Screen Shot 2021-04-13 at 01.17.44.png
    Screen Shot 2021-04-13 at 01.17.44.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 156
You are using WhateverGreen.kext (WEG) for your graphics, including a WEG boot argument to disable the Nvidia GTX 1050 present in your system.

If you follow the 'General Recommendations' for this kext, which can be found near the top of this FAQ IntelHD manual - https://github.com/acidanthera/WhateverGreen/blob/master/Manual/FAQ.IntelHD.en.md. You would know not to be using the following:
  • FakeID for IntelGFX
  • Inject Intel=true
  • ig-platform-id
Best to check the rest of your Clover setup to ensure nothing else that shouldn't be used in conjunction with WEG has been added.

What you should be using is a Devices > Properties entry - AAPL,ig-platform-id=07009B3E for your Coffee Lake iGPU. Which you would add as follows (in Clover Configurator):
Screenshot 2021-04-15 at 17.09.44.png

Screenshot 2021-04-15 at 17.09.52.png

You have a number of other issues with your config.plist, that you need to research and resolve. These include but are not restricted to the following:
  • CPU Power Management
  • Unnecessary ACPI Rename patches
  • Missing some other essential ACPI Rename Patches
  • USB setup/configuration
  • Missing MLB (should be copy of Board Serial Number)
Your CLOVER/ACPI/patched folder is devoid of any SSDT's, it should as a minimum contain these SSDT's:
  1. SSDT-AWAC.aml
  2. SSDT-EC-USBX.aml
  3. SSDT-PLUG.aml
  4. SSDT-PMC.aml
You have an unnecessary kext in your /CLOVER/kexts/Other folder - GenericUSBXHCI.kext. This kext was dropped from general use with the release of macOS El Capitan.

You should be using XHCI-Unsupported.kext with your Coffee Lake system. So your USB controller is correctly identified.

You would also be better served using AppleALC.kext in place of VoodooHDA.kext for your Audio setup. AppleALC.kext is similar to WEG in that it also has a number of do's and don't's with regards using other kexts, config.plist entries (rename patches) etc.

As you are using Clover_r5119 you don't need the /CLOVER/drivers64UEFI folder, as this has been superseeded by the /CLOVER/drivers/UEFI folder. You can safely delete/remove the drivers64UEFI folder.

Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back