Motherboard
Asus Maximus Ranger z170
CPU
intel i7 6700K
Graphics
Asus GTX 960 4GB
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
For those who wants to use Gen8 i3 intel gpu without using HD530 skylake fix, I managed to use it by modifiying Rehabman's FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext

intel 8th gen i7-8700k is supported natively with device id 0x3e928086 but 8th gen i3 models have different device id which is 0x3e918086. By default mac os sees the gpu but acceleration does not work. So I did inject the 8700k device id with clover.

Screen Shot 2017-12-15 at 13.56.39.png

Screen Shot 2017-12-15 at 13.57.49.png

You can find my edited kext below, thanks to Rehabman for original kext. Use the kext in EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other and put 8700k fakeID in clover as below. I did not use boot flag -disablegfxfirmware and graphics attribute ig-platform-id.

Screen Shot 2017-12-15 at 14.04.07.png

Attachments

• FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext.zip
    3.3 KB · Views: 3,306
For those who wants to use Gen8 i3 intel gpu without using HD530 skylake fix, I managed to use it by modifiying Rehabman's FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext

intel 8th gen i7-8700k is supported natively with device id 0x3e928086 but 8th gen i3 models have different device id which is 0x3e918086. By default mac os sees the gpu but acceleration does not work. So I did inject the 8700k device id with clover.

You can find my edited kext below, thanks to Rehabman for original kext. Use the kext in EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other and put 8700k fakeID in clover as below. I did not use boot flag -disablegfxfirmware and graphics attribute ig-platform-id.

What CPU do you actually have (actual model name)?

I did a mod for someone else for spoofing as 0x5912, but there were issues. Made a suggestion to try other values (0x3e92 would have been an obvious one to try), but it was never followed up on. Nice to see you tried it...

There still may be some issues spoofing 0x3e91 as 0x3e92,... you'll find out with further testing.
Meanwhile, I'll make this change (and update the README), once you describe fully your system (your profile seems to indicate Skylake, not CoffeeLake).

What CPU do you actually have (actual model name)?

I did a mod for someone else for spoofing as 0x5912, but there were issues. Made a suggestion to try other values (0x3e92 would have been an obvious one to try), but it was never followed up on. Nice to see you tried it...

There still may be some issues spoofing 0x3e91 as 0x3e92,... you'll find out with further testing.
Meanwhile, I'll make this change (and update the README), once you describe fully your system (your profile seems to indicate Skylake, not CoffeeLake).

My profile settings shows my first build. Recently I made another build:

Intel i3 8100
Asus Prime z370-A
16Gb ram - Corsair Dominator 2400Mhz
Samsung evo 250gb SSD
(No external GPU)

I am using Display Port for a 4K philips monitor and had issues with monitor wake after monitor sleep with skylake hd 530 fix. This was the main reason that pushed me towards a different solution. Now monitor sleep/wake is ok, transparency and acceleration seems ok. I will test for some days and update this thread in the following days if I have issues or not.

During my tries, I changed smbios setting a few times, lastly it stayed as 18,3. I will lower it to 18,2 and try since my cpu is very likely with 7500. what do you think?

Thanks

My profile settings shows my first build. Recently I made another build:

Intel i3 8100
Asus Prime z370-A
16Gb ram - Corsair Dominator 2400Mhz
Samsung evo 250gb SSD
(No external GPU)

I am using Display Port for a 4K philips monitor and had issues with monitor wake after monitor sleep with skylake hd 530 fix. This was the main reason that pushed me towards a different solution. Now monitor sleep/wake is ok, transparency and acceleration seems ok. I will test for some days and update this thread in the following days if I have issues or not.

During my tries, I changed smbios setting a few times, lastly it stayed as 18,3. I will lower it to 18,2 and try since my cpu is very likely with 7500. what do you think?

Thanks

Went ahead and pushed the changes required to FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics and uploaded a new build.
So now people with the hardware can experiment without needing to know how to build it...

10mania, any updates? Everything still seem to be working ok? I am still on the fence about what CPU to go with. I have been leaning towards the i3-8100 because of nice price. I really would like to use 4k 60hz through display port to my 4k monitor.

Everything seems ok, I played diablo II without any problems. My monitor wakes a bit late but I think it is because of philips monitor, I would prefer a samsung but samsung does not sell larger than 40'' in my country. I didn't try with another monitor.

For example, mac os space switching works perfectly with animation. If you have any questions, or any suggestions for me to try I can help.

8100 is a great cpu for the price. It gives much better performance than I expected. My asus motherboard does not support hdmi 2.0 but display port 1.2 is working well with 4K monitor at 60hz. I do not need a second monitor with 4K but It may still need extra patching to make it work. I may try it with my tv in the following days.

Is this sill holding up for you? Has this spoof caused any other issues on your system? I’m still deciding on the best way to use the iGPU of the i3-8100. Anymore insight into this is greatly appreciated.

Is this sill holding up for you? Has this spoof caused any other issues on your system? I’m still deciding on the best way to use the iGPU of the i3-8100. Anymore insight into this is greatly appreciated.
still no problems I am using this machine as server and it is always on.

Hello 10mania!I also have i3 8100 ,and I did inject the 8700k device id with clover just like u .and I used ur kext.but steel not work.
0060lm7Tly1fn86ubnagnj30yy0jjtf9.jpg

0060lm7Tly1fn86ubm41fj30xn0izk21.jpg

Hello 10mania!I also have i3 8100 ,and I did inject the 8700k device id with clover just like u .and I used ur kext.but steel not work.
0060lm7Tly1fn86ubnagnj30yy0jjtf9.jpg

0060lm7Tly1fn86ubm41fj30xn0izk21.jpg
Hi chenw, can you upload your config.plist, and screenshot of your /EFI/Clover/kexts/other folder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back