Contribute
Register

Intel UHD 630 Graphics (0x3e918086 i3-8100) Native support with GfxId Injection

Status
Not open for further replies.
No personal experience with the i3-8100. I don't have one.
Nvidia can be used with the IGPU, but best to use an ig-platform-id with no connectors (to use just quicksync, no monitor attached to IGPU).

Anyway just for sake of completing infos: GT 1030 works very well (beside HDMI audio that I need to look into) in 10.13.4.
iGPU with modded AppleIntelKBLGraphics/AppleIntelKBLGraphicsFramebuffer kexts worked really well in 10.3.3 and was much faster in Final Cut Pro X rendering that the GT 1030, but from 10.3.4 that hack doesn't work and the card flickers hugely even though it is recognised and hardware accelerated.
My implementation of the two GPUs produces corrupted renderings in FCPX even though had no issues with monitor attached to the NVidia.
Your implementation idea, from what I've read on this post, differs from the one I used successfully until 10.3.3 maybe I should try yours. Is there a post that outlines your implementation that involves copying to L / E the AppleIntelKBLGraphicsFramebufferInjector_3e9x kext?
Thank you very much!

Is there a post that outlines your implementation that involves copying to L / E the AppleIntelKBLGraphicsFramebufferInjector_3e9x kext?

Try search.

@joshcachy1234

8400 has no difference. I ve had the both cpu. its same as i3 8100..

I had the solution you first suggested (editing files) in this post running on an i3-8100 iGPU and it worked very nicely up to 10.13.4. That update broke it and even if acceleration and 1536MB Vram are still seen the flickering is so bad it's unsustainable.
Do you still have it running? Does the other solution suggested from Rehabman works in 10.13.4?

Thanks a lot!

UPDATE:
it was a matter of System definition. I was using 18,2 and had problems. Switched to 18,1 and it works really well.
I'm using the Rehabman approach atm, but I'm sure the modding of the files that go in S/L/E works as well.

Last edited:
@zzmadd
Is there a solution for the problem with graphics glitches on i8100? Please, I need your help

u need these kexts in EFI/CLOVER/Kexts/Other (Rehabman prefers to install in L/E, I have them in EFI/CLOVER/Kexts/Other):
AppleIntelKBLGraphicsFramebufferInjector_3e9x.kext
FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext
FakePCIID.kext
IntelGraphicsFixup.kext
Lilu.kext
Shiki.kext

Then you need to add a few things to config.plist
I should see your config.plist
These is roughly what you need to have:
Bootflag: shikigva=1
Devices/FakeID/IntelGFX: 0x3E928086
Graphics: Inject Intel - Empty ig-platform-id
SMBIOS: 18,1

@zzmadd
Thanks! There are less glitches, but they are still there. My config.plist below

and acceleration not working ((

Attachments

• config.plist
    9.3 KB · Views: 213
Last edited:
@zzmadd
Thanks! There are less glitches, but they are still there. My config.plist below

and acceleration not working ((
what system do you have?
are you currently using imessage, handsoff, continuity?
What board do you have?
Update to latest kexts in EFI/CLOVER/Kexts/Other
Are you sure you didn't install any graphic related kext, or mod in S/L/E or L/E? If so delete them and rebuild cache
Try the attached config.

Attachments

• config_mod.plist.zip
    2.8 KB · Views: 109
Last edited:
what system do you have?
are you currently using imessage, handsoff, continuity?
What board do you have?
Update to latest kexts in EFI/CLOVER/Kexts/Other
Are you sure you didn't install any graphic related kext, or mod in S/L/E or L/E? If so delete them and rebuild cache
Try the attached config.
what if i just install 10.13.3?

My system:
CPU: i3 8100
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 PRO 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back