Contribute
Register

Intel UHD 630 Graphics (0x3e918086 i3-8100) Native support with GfxId Injection

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

Just to say that following the directions in this thread my UHD 630 works perfectly. I had an isue, graphics corruption and flickering, only happened when opening Photoshop CC. Setting SMBIOS to iMac17,1 solved the problem. All works nice, sleep, etc ... the only problem with my build is https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/wake-from-sleep-fan-speed-issue-high-sierra.243166/page-2 it seems a problem with gigabyte z370 series bios. I hope they will correct it with a future BIOS release, but if not, it's not very anoying.

Hey! Can anyone confirm the i3-8100 iGPU will work fine without a dedicated GPU ? I am putting together my build next week and I already got the i3-8100 and I didnt know there was a problem with High Sierra detecting the iGPU.

Hi, Yes, just read the previous post.

Hi, Yes, just read the previous post.

I'm not seeing any clear reports with an exact list of what is working. It sounds like sleep/wake from sleep work with the i3-8100 without a dedicated GPU, but what about dual displays?

edit: two pages ago someone says they have the same dual displays problems that has plagued the last few Intel graphics chipsets. So no, everything does not "work fine" without discrete graphics.

Last edited:
@joshcachy1234

8400 has no difference. I ve had the both cpu. its same as i3 8100..

I'm not seeing any clear reports with an exact list of what is working. It sounds like sleep/wake from sleep work with the i3-8100 without a dedicated GPU, but what about dual displays?

edit: two pages ago someone says they have the same dual displays problems that has plagued the last few Intel graphics chipsets. So no, everything does not "work fine" without discrete graphics.

Dual Display didnt work on all Intel UHD 630 and "coffee Lake" CPUs config. But there is a simple solution. Second LCD/LED has to be turned off from electricity. You have physically turn in off the socket. Then boot Mac OS from first display. After login we turn on the second display. And we have two full working displays . Turning off the monitor with a button not give you anything.

And very important. Dont turn it off LCD/LED by button. It must be turned on while power cord is dosconnected from the socket. While power cord is connected then LCD/LED starts right away and displays the second screen. Of course You can buy extension cord (only for LCD/LED) not to pull out the cable every time.

I had it working decently with hardware acceleration in 10.13.3.
Update to 10.13.4 made it unusable.
Hardware acceleration still present but I'm experiencing huge flickering.

I have this Fake ID in Devices under IntelGFX: 0x3E918086
I've modified the AppleIntelKBLGraphics.kext and AppleIntelKBLGraphicsFramebuffer.kext kexts
Boot flag shikigva=1

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-04-11 at 09.48.15.png
    Screen Shot 2018-04-11 at 09.48.15.png
    26.2 KB · Views: 272
I had it working decently with hardware acceleration in 10.13.3.
Update to 10.13.4 made it unusable.
Hardware acceleration still present but I'm experiencing huge flickering.

I have this Fake ID in Devices under IntelGFX: 0x3E918086
I've modified the AppleIntelKBLGraphics.kext and AppleIntelKBLGraphicsFramebuffer.kext kexts
Boot flag shikigva=1

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Totally right, 1 quick questions though as I'm allocating time before I get into it as I have an NVidia GT 1030 as discrete graphic card that works well and I'm trying o make the integrated GPU work for sake of learning:
- Does the integrated graphics of the i3-8100 UHD630 work reliably?
- Can 2 graphic cards such the ones I have UHD630 + NVidia GT 1030 work together without issues or is it recommended to just use one?

Thanks.

Totally right, 1 quick questions though as I'm allocating time before I get into it as I have an NVidia GT 1030 as discrete graphic card that works well and I'm trying o make the integrated GPU work for sake of learning:
- Does the integrated graphics of the i3-8100 UHD630 work reliably?
- Can 2 graphic cards such the ones I have UHD630 + NVidia GT 1030 work together without issues or is it recommended to just use one?

Thanks.

No personal experience with the i3-8100. I don't have one.
Nvidia can be used with the IGPU, but best to use an ig-platform-id with no connectors (to use just quicksync, no monitor attached to IGPU).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back