Contribute
Register

Intel UHD 620 graphics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi just wondered if you can Link the kexts and config file you used to get your intel UHD 620 graphics working?
As I can't find all of the kexts or the ones I'm using don't work.
Thanks

All such kexts are available on my github... Look at my signature "Projects"...

Okay, now I am using the plist file `config_HD615_620_630_640_650_spoof.plist` downloaded from your Github repo, and when the machine boots, it shows a bunch of [iGPU] message and go to black and loop again to the booting screen and I cannot catch the message on the screen.

Attached is the problem reporting files, including ioreg info, kextcache infor, CLOVER zip file, and the kext files I am using (among which I have tried modifying FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics to fit my UHD620. Please help! Thanks.

Attachments

• ioreg.ioreg
    8.3 MB · Views: 219
  • kextcache.txt
    8.1 KB · Views: 253
  • CLOVER.zip
    4.6 MB · Views: 137
  • kext_files.zip
    3 MB · Views: 118
Okay, now I am using the plist file `config_HD615_620_630_640_650_spoof.plist` downloaded from your Github repo, and when the machine boots, it shows a bunch of [iGPU] message and go to black and loop again to the booting screen and I cannot catch the message on the screen.

Attached is the problem reporting files, including ioreg info, kextcache infor, CLOVER zip file, and the kext files I am using (among which I have tried modifying FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics to fit my UHD620. Please help! Thanks.

No need for Skylake spoof with Kaby Lake.
Make sure you read the guide regarding DVMT-prealloc.

No need for Skylake spoof with Kaby Lake.
Make sure you read the guide regarding DVMT-prealloc.

Thanks! I am experiencing the same issue with IntelGFX (0x59168086) as the Fake ID and 0x59160000 as the platform-id.

About DVMT-prealloc, my understanding is to add com.apple.driver.AppleIntelKBLGraphicsFramebuffer in KextToPatch to make fit my laptop's 32mb prealloc, is that right?

I think I am following the guide. Could you kindly point out what I am missing here?

I also boot with 0x12345678 platform-id and ran `sudo kextcache -i /` then reboot with 0x591b0000, but it just went to black and reboot again.

Before it reboots, I catched a little piece of message as:
[IGPU] Scheduler (Somthing...)
[IGPU] Graphics Address (something...)
[IGPU] Graphics accelerate using (something...)

Attached CLOVER.zip is with the Kabylake plist. Also attached is the last screen before it goes to black and reboots. Do you think my laptop model can boot with UHD 620 accelerate if I follow your guide?

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    4.6 MB · Views: 89
  • IMG_4398.jpg
    IMG_4398.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 225
Last edited:
Do you think my laptop model can boot with UHD 620 accelerate if I follow your guide?

I will confirm that it does. His guide is what I followed to get it working. In terms of seeing what you did wrong, I'd wait for someone else to figure that out as I'm still quite the amateur, but I can confirm that a 620 works with his guide.

I will confirm that it does. His guide is what I followed to get it working. In terms of seeing what you did wrong, I'd wait for someone else to figure that out as I'm still quite the amateur, but I can confirm that a 620 works with his guide.
Thanks for your reply! I am eager to solve this problem as I will go out of town for a meeting and I need my laptop to be working.

Don't you ever have the same issue like this? Have you ever dealt with DVMT-prealloc? Should I maybe use other platform-id? Do I need to patch something under CLOVER/ACPI if I have everything in config.plist?

Sorry that's a lot of questions. You don't have to answer all of them...

I think I am following the guide. Could you kindly point out what I am missing here?

I also boot with 0x12345678 platform-id and ran `sudo kextcache -i /` then reboot with 0x591b0000, but it just went to black and reboot again.

Before it reboots, I catched a little piece of message as:
[IGPU] Scheduler (Somthing...)
[IGPU] Graphics Address (something...)
[IGPU] Graphics accelerate using (something...)

Attached CLOVER.zip is with the Kabylake plist. Also attached is the last screen before it goes to black and reboots. Do you think my laptop model can boot with UHD 620 accelerate if I follow your guide?

Attach complete problem reporting files (use invalid ig-platform-id if necessary to boot).
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Also, please fix your profile as requested in the FAQ.

Thanks for your reply! I am eager to solve this problem as I will go out of town for a meeting and I need my laptop to be working.

Don't you ever have the same issue like this? Have you ever dealt with DVMT-prealloc? Should I maybe use other platform-id? Do I need to patch something under CLOVER/ACPI if I have everything in config.plist?

Sorry that's a lot of questions. You don't have to answer all of them...
Honestly I just followed the directions and it worked. I needed to set an invalid id, then rebuild the cache then reboot with the valid id.

Figuring out where you went wrong is going to be beyond my current knowledge. I just wanted you to know that while our mainboards and a lot of other things are different, I have gotten the 620 to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back