Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Aorus Ultra Gaming z370
CPU
Intel Core i7 8770K
Graphics
GeForce 1080 FE
Hey gang!

Building my system. I have the Intel 760p Series M.2 2280 256GB PCI-Express 3.0 to run OSX off my m.2 slot. It's compatible with my Gigabyte 7370 ultra gaming board. Spec wise it's in range of other SSD's that people here use.

I searched and didn't see much for people using these yet.

Also if anyone want's to toss a wifi/bt pci express that works for pc and mac suggestion in here...I'd be so stoked. Looking for wifi ac and Bluetooth.

thanks!

Hi, did you get any experience with the "Intel® SSD 760p m.2"?
Been using for 3 months and it's bad ass fast. I have two 256gig m.2 installed. One running OSx and the other windows 10. Total beast.

Thank you. I have not yet made up my mind, whether I will go the hot way or not. But it seems to that it is paramount which discs one uses.
– Sweating over Hackintosh, using Pastryware, which ddid not mention Multibeast as a necessisity . . . which the manual does, hmm, booting problems, I most figure that out.

I have a question regarding your experience using the 760p M.2 device:

I put a 512 GB 760p in my system (Water-cooled 6600K @ 4.4Ghz on an Gigabyte Designare Z170, running 10.13.6).
When I run Blackmagic Design's Disk Speed Test, the first run reports ~1500MB/s writes and ~2500MB/s reads, but the second run (and subsequent runs) returns ~650MB/s write speed.

But, after waiting a few minutes, write speeds are good again.

I suspect this is due to thermal throttling, but I was hoping that it might be due to some (software) configuration. I did not find any temperature sensors reported. Do I need to change something in order to get input from the right sensors?

So I was hoping to gain some info from your experiences...

Thanks in advance!

@Geesejuggler Did you ever find a solution for the speed differences you are experiencing? I have the same thing happening on my NVMe, however, it is not a 760p.

Been using for 3 months and it's bad ass fast. I have two 256gig m.2 installed. One running OSx and the other windows 10. Total beast.
Do you still use these drives with no issues? What macos version are you on.

I can't properly shutdown MacOs when installed on M.2 Intel 760p (256 GB). It restarts instead of shutdown. But it works great when installed on SATA SSD. Any ideas? I can always go and buy a different one, but what if its not SSD itself but a problems/incompatibilities with NVME controller...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back