MSI
CPU
Skylake
Graphics
Nvidia
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Happy New Year everyone
I have succeeded in installing Sierra on my new MSI C170A motherboard. But I have some problems with the WiFi, it is possible to make the WiFi work. As mentioned my motherboard is MSI C170A, and my onboard Wireless is Intel (R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 8260. this is my only option for connection to the internet.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Happy New Year everyone
I have succeeded in installing Sierra on my new MSI C170A motherboard. But I have some problems with the WiFi, it is possible to make the WiFi work. As mentioned my motherboard is MSI C170A, and my onboard Wireless is Intel (R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 8260. this is my only option for connection to the internet.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Intel WiFi is not supported.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-airport-pcie-half-mini-v2.104850/

Thank you for your quick, it is a pity I can't install and work with Hackintosh on my PC.

Thank you for your quick, it is a pity I can't install and work with Hackintosh on my PC.

Lack of support for Intel WiFi is a non-issue.
Just remove it and install supported WiFi hardware.

Ok, I'll think about it, but what I have now is Realtek 8111H Gigabit LAN, 802.11ac WiFi - which is very fast, and I am very happy with it. But of course it comes with my motherboard.

Ok, I'll think about it, but what I have now is Realtek 8111H Gigabit LAN, 802.11ac WiFi - which is very fast, and I am very happy with it. But of course it comes with my motherboard.

The Realtek RTL8111 is supported.
There are compatible (Broadcom) WiFi cards with 802.11.ac.

Can you please tell me how I can find the supported file for my wifi and how to install it - thank you very much

Can you please tell me how I can find the supported file for my wifi and how to install it - thank you very much

For supported WiFi cards (and the procedures to make them work), read at link already provided in post #2.

Hi - I'm sorry but I can't find anything regarding Realtek RTL8111 in post 2

Hi - I'm sorry but I can't find anything regarding Realtek RTL8111 in post 2

This thread is regarding WiFi, as is the guide linked by post #2.
RealtekRTL8111 is Ethernet.
Therefore your question is off-topic and not surprising at all that you can't find information regarding Ethernet in a WiFi thread.

Use Mieze's RealtekRTL8111.kext for your Ethernet device.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back