GTX 980ti
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi all,

I recently put together a machine with an Intel i7 4930k and Asus X79 deluxe motherboard. I decided to try to use the Intel Power Gadget that's been mentioned here and there to monitor my CPU frequency. However, regardless of whether I had speed step working, the y-axis of the Intel Power Gadget was scaled very strangely. In other words, this has been a problem before and after enabling speedstep. The maximum value is so high that just by looking at the graph I can barely tell the difference between 1.5ghz and 4.5ghz (it gives the current frequency in the top right corner). In addition, I can't even say exactly what the scale is because the left side of the graph has a weird visual artifact where the y-axis numbers would be. Anyone know what might be causing this? Perhaps some kext related to onboard sensors? I tried uninstalling (using the uninstaller included in the package) and reinstalling but that didn't help. I'm sure a proper CPU frequency graph scale should be possibly on my hardware, and this is one of the few nagging things left that makes me uncomfortable about the soundness of my build.

What my Intel Power Gadget readout looks like:
tonymacx86-intelpowergadget.png

What Intel Power Gadget should look like:
sample-intelpowergadget.png

Thanks so much in advance for any ideas!

Same issue here. The frequency scale goes as high as 23 GHz, when 4 GHz is my max turbo speed on a i7 2600k.

decided to try to use the Intel Power Gadget that's been mentioned here and there to monitor my CPU frequency. However, regardless of whether I had speed step working, the y-axis of the Intel Power Gadget was scaled very strangely.
Consider commenting on the Intel Power Gadget site you linked.

unfortunately i suffer the same issue.. is it solved already?

Unfortunately, I haven't come across a solution to this issue. I've just been ignoring it and optimistically assuming that the problem is limited to this kind of monitoring and doesn't affect anything else...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back