Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
The box is a DP55KG with 12G, Gigabyte GTS450, first generation Revo 80G SSD card, and a WD Blue 500M with Win7. Monitor is on DVI to VGA adapter and doing 1080 no problem.

After converting my windows installation to UEFI, but doing it wrong, I repeatedly failed to get the installer to write to partitions on my HDD. So I unplugged the WD and grabbed an old Toshiba 80G notebook drive I keep for just such an occasion. Things worked much better.

I successfully installed Mavericks as per the guides here. On reboot, however, my Toshiba wasn't showing in Chimera. I turned UEFI boot back to disabled in the BIOS and presto, Chimera on my USB stick saw my fresh install. Since I made a mistake or two with Multibeast, I decided to try something. I left UEFI disabled and redid the install. Everything worked great. I used the DSDT file here. I manually installed the most updated IntelCPUPowerManagement.kext I could find. I also, thanks to here, found the SiS driver for my Revo and installed it.

After rebooting a couple of times to make sure everything was cool, I used a free 30 day trial of CCC and cloned the Toshiba over to the Revo. Unattended, it left the computer in what appeared to be a non-wakeable sleep. Power off, power on, boot to installer USB. There was the Revo drive. Booted to it, used Multibeast to drop Chimera off, and rebooted one last time.

It is really fast. The Revo used to give me problems with early Windows7, so I have been using it for a couple of years just to play Civ5. I had forgotten how lightning quick it is. Hopefully the more advanced management software of the day will keep it clean.

Thanks for all the help. Time to start writing Xcode, which is why I did all this in the first place.

edit: Apparently my second monitor works great.

May have spoken a bit too soon. It's in the same non-wakeable state as after the cloning. It seems to be dropping the USB controller, I can't get the mouse or keyboard to light any indicators. So it either killed the USB all together or dropped out the 5v ( same result either way ). Seems straightforward enough. It woke from sleep earlier today without an issue.

More patience. Will update.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back