i7-7700K
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello,

I followed Rahabman's guide for NVMe SSD support and it works fine, except for the SSD being super slow. I have an Intel 600p M.2 NVMe drive, which should be quite fast, but test show 60MB/s read speed. The write speed results are better-around 500, but not consistently.

My question is if I could do anything wrong in the setup or if the drive if faulty?

My MoBo is Gigabyte Z170X-Ultra Gaming.

Any ideas how to find out the reason?

Thanks!-)

Hello,

I followed Rahabman's guide for NVMe SSD support and it works fine, except for the SSD being super slow. I have an Intel 600p M.2 NVMe drive, which should be quite fast, but test show 60MB/s read speed. The write speed results are better-around 500, but not consistently.

My question is if I could do anything wrong in the setup or if the drive if faulty?

Thanks!-)
Standard I'm afraid. Intel has poor driver implementation in OSX... better to use Samsung.

Hello,

Thanks!-)
I had this NVMe and was that slow. I returned and got a WD Black NVMe and far better.

I had this NVMe and was that slow. I returned and got a WD Black NVMe and far better.

As I had big problems with Kingston compatibility before, I studied the compatibility manual of the mobo and there is no WD drive mentioned. So I decided to take a brand which is supported and which is renowned for being very reliable. But it seems the choice was not good ...

As I had big problems with Kingston compatibility before, I studied the compatibility manual of the mobo and there is no WD drive mentioned. So I decided to take a brand which is supported and which is renowned for being very reliable. But it seems the choice was not good ...

If you go to the webpage and download the compatibility chart, it’s there.

And works pretty well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back