Contribute
Register

Intel NUC8i5BEK Catalina Install Issues - IOConsoleUsers: gIOScreenLockState 3, hs 0, bs 0, now 0, sm 0x0

Status
Not open for further replies.
small update; I was able to get into the regular Catalina boot even after setting BooterConfig to 0x28 and CsrActiveConfig to 0x67 in Rt Variables (by clearing NVRAM at Clover Bootloader screen using F11) - BUT, the SIP / csrutil status is still enabled. And still can't boot into Recovery.

Anything I can do here?

Updates (and questions): I was able to get boot from my USB drive working in all modes by removing a few kexts that I think Clover Configurator's Clover update feature added to my folder (AppleIGB.kext, Realtek RTL8111.kext, VirtualSMC.kext, and XHCI-unsupported.kext). I'm not sure which was the culprit of boot issues, but are there any of these that I should add back in?

Subsequently, I was able to disable SIP, ran MultiBeast, and then RehabMan's NUC7/8-specific guide and config_nuc8_bc.plist (renamed), but then was having issues booting from SSD (apfs module 1683), so I ended up copying over the exact EFI folder that was used for boot on my USB drive to my SSD EFI partition- and it works! Big question on this below:
  1. a. Why do the guides not instruct to just copy over the EFI folder used to boot from USB to your main drive? Is there a problem with doing this?
As of now, everything seems to be working well (a few issues listed below), and my Geekbench scores have been satisfactory as well: https://browser.geekbench.com/user/328169

Here are my questions in relation to my build:
  1. b. Can someone take a look at my EFI folder please and see if there are any glaring issues I should worry about? Attached to this post. I'll also attach the post-RehabMan NUC7/8 process EFI that did not work.
  2. I noticed there are some custom kexts in my Library/Extensions folder. Should I delete these?
  3. Thunderbolt/USB-C port does not work unless the device was inserted before boot. Is there a fix?
  4. Audio jack on the front does not work at all. Would like to have. HDMI audio works fine.
Again, it seems like most things are working well, so I'm a little confused why the guides all instruct a separate machine installation process as opposed to just copying over the boot EFI that worked on the USB drive.

Any help would be much appreciated, thanks!

Attachments

• EFI (RehabMan Guide).zip
    22 MB · Views: 42
  • EFI (Current on SSD).zip
    21.8 MB · Views: 65
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back