CPU
i7-8559U
Graphics
Intel Iris Plus 655
Classic Mac
  1. Portable
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello, I'm experimenting with Big Sur for "Nuc 11". It works with the attached "EFI", but the mouse and keyboard do not work

Attachments

• Tiger Lake hackintoshOC_EFI.zip
    25.4 MB · Views: 1,407
Hello, I'm experimenting with Big Sur for "Nuc 11". It works with the attached "EFI", but the mouse and keyboard do not work
A few things to consider, you don't tell us what kind of keyboard or mouse you are using. USB or Bluetooth probably but it makes a difference. Second you are using a laptop based EFI that has so many kexts and drivers and ACPI SSDTs for a touch pad you will never need and could and probably do conflict or a least confuse your efforts. You also don't tell us anything about what model NUC11 (there are three different kinds not taking CPU types into consideration) or the laptop. What CPU and or chipset is in each? It can makes a difference.
As far as I know you are the first here with an NUC11 so I would not expect much support, I would refer you to the Dortania guide but they do not have any information on Tiger Lake (only ICE Lake) so at this point maybe not a great choice for a Hack.
EDIT: So many things wrong with using that EFI Folder, it calls out to load a USBPort.kext that won't look anything like your devices ports, no USB or Mouse enabled (or any USB port for that matter) using it I bet. Just wrong on so many levels.

Last edited:
A few things to consider, you don't tell us what kind of keyboard or mouse you are using. USB or Bluetooth probably but it makes a difference. Second you are using a laptop based EFI that has so many kexts and drivers and ACPI SSDTs for a touch pad you will never need and could and probably do conflict or a least confuse your efforts. You also don't tell us anything about what model NUC11 (there are three different kinds not taking CPU types into consideration) or the laptop. What CPU and or chipset is in each? It can makes a difference.
As far as I know you are the first here with an NUC11 so I would not expect much support, I would refer you to the Dortania guide but they do not have any information on Tiger Lake (only ICE Lake) so at this point maybe not a great choice for a Hack.
EDIT: So many things wrong with using that EFI Folder, it calls out to load a USBPort.kext that won't look anything like your devices ports, no USB or Mouse enabled (or any USB port for that matter) using it I bet. Just wrong on so many levels.

first of all thank you for your reply.
The device I am using is "nuc11tnki7" . I know I haven't made any changes to the EFI. What do I need to clean?

first of all thank you for your reply.
The device I am using is "nuc11tnki7" . I know I haven't made any changes to the EFI. What do I need to clean?
I don’t have an NUC11 and documentation for one is nonexistent. It’s going to be about trial and error, you can try following the Dortania Install Guide but I don’t know if comet lake or ice lake would be a better choice because both are different. Other NUC configurations follow desktop guides.
You can try disabling the usbports.kext and turn on usbinjectall.kext and see what that does.

Nuc11tnki7_ i7-1165G7 BigSur Working.. :)
1.Name: Nuc11tnki7
2.CPU: Intel Core i7-1165G7
3.Graphic: NO ( Intel Iris Xe)
4.Wifi: YES
5.Audio: NO
6.USB : YES (Mouse/Keyboard)

Attachments

• Nu11_EFI.rar
    22.7 MB · Views: 1,158

Its all about smart hardware choices, right now the NUC11's, IMO, aren't a good choice. Its possible there will be better support with upcoming versions of OpenCore but iGPUs for Rocket Lake and Tiger Lake seem to be an ongoing issue due to lack of support in OSXI.

wasn't aware they came with batteries and voodooI2C controllers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back