Graphics
so ignore me
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi,
Has anyone managed to get the new Kaby Lake NUCs working with native (?) support in High Sierra?

I'm not even able to install as my internal SATA drive SSD (not a nvme PCIe drive) is not show in disk util :(
Using latest clover.

Hi,
Has anyone managed to get the new Kaby Lake NUCs working with native (?) support in High Sierra?

Yes.

I'm not even able to install as my internal SATA drive SSD (not a nvme PCIe drive) is not show in disk util :(
Using latest clover.

SATA-100-series-unsupported.kext.

SATA-100-series-unsupported.kext.

Thanks, I tried that before but no success. Disk util scans for disk for about 10 (ten) minutes and will only find my USB drive. BIOS is not configured in Raid or anything. Looks like I have to keep digging..

Hi RehabMan,

thank you again for your efforts to provide this resource. I am successfully running Sierra on the NUC7i7BNH without issues so far. I dearly miss the embedded Wifi, though.

I found myself jumping between the two guides to figure out the path of the usb boot / clover installation procedure since I weren't involved in the whole procedure since unibeast. Your advise to carefully read both guides is appropriate, since there are quite a lot of details to follow

Best,
Oliver

Done that, including the HFSPlus.efi. The internal SSD drive does not show up. However using my old NUC (5I3RYH) does boot the USB installer and did install Sierra without any issues.

However my original post related to High Sierra.

If you're following my guide, you need to reply with "Problem Reporting" files in the guide thread.
Keep in mind for HS with APFS, you need also apfs.efi.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back