Contribute
Register

Intel NUC DC3217IYE & OS X 10.8.2 SUCCESS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tried completely new install with unibeast 3.0. Installer boots with PCIRootUID=0. Installation went very well, but after the restart the machine does not boot. Tried every option even -x, but it doesn't work :(

i was able to install and boot into the machine using -x PCIRootUID=1, but i must have applied the wrong multibeast settings, since now i cant get in, just the monitor goes black after boot sequence. i felt so close !

i'm on osx 10.9.

On unibeast, i just choose "dsdt free", add the patch for trim, and the patch for applecpupowermanagement and it works.
I didn't change anything else ! and it works. So it is recognized as a macpro 3.1
i don't know if my install is the best or not, but it is working
(i don't use audio over hdmi)

oops
i always mix the two unibeast, multibeast....Pffff ! why give name that are almost the same !

i just make an usb key with mavericks on it.
install it (without any option at boot). It just boot.
the first reboot is working, and then you have tu run multibeast. And then i choose, the user dsdt free. But you have to check the applepowercpumanagement patch for 10.9, trim enabler patch for 10.9 and intel hnack's 1000(don't remember the name) for network card. Without that => kernelpanic.

And that's it ! I dont do anything else. just choose "user dsdt free". It will check the good option for you. (you just have to add the trim patch (for ssd), AND the applepowercpumanagement and the intel hnak's AppleintelE1000 (something like that) network : same as in Mountain lion, if it works for mountain lion, well it will works on mavericks, since you don't change it, so here, pick up the guide for mountain lion, to have the name of the card).

i can't exactly detail what i have done, cause i don't take notes and i'm not in front of my nuc right now, but....that's it. (well, you can choose another theme for chimera and check the option "boot in 1080p"). But it works without those options.
I use hdmi, but no audio over hdmi. I use a simple usb soundcard.

no wifi card ! i use the wired connection
yes for appstore
don't know for imessage. I don't use it !

I am having a hard time updating the bios to 42 (even though I was able to update to 36 when I first created this thing…simply can't remember how I did it). Can you please let me know how you updated your bios; and if you have updated all the way to the new bios 46?

I am having a hard time updating the bios to 42 (even though I was able to update to 36 when I first created this thing…simply can't remember how I did it). Can you please let me know how you updated your bios; and if you have updated all the way to the new bios 46?

I realize this is a month old, but to update the BIOS, just put the .BIO file on a MSDOS formatted USB stick and press and hold F7 on powerup.

Hello,

I have a NUC DC3217IYE (v43 BIOS) and succeeded in installing Maverics 10.9.1.
I did no specific post-install on graphics. I did not use HDMI audio solution from Toleda because my two screens has no speakers.
The only issue I have now is that my dual screen is no more working (It was working on 10.8.2).
the second screen is a duplication with a scrumble effects.

what should I do?
(except get read of my second screen ;)

Thanks
Samy

Here is the configuration I used in MultiBeast 6.1.0:

MultiBeast Configuration - 2014-01-11 06:49:57-----------------------------------------------------------------
Quick Start > DSDT Free
Drivers > Disk > 3rd Party SATA

Drivers > Disk > TRIM Enabler > 10.9.x TRIM Patch
Drivers > Misc > FakeSMC v5.3.820
Drivers > Misc > FakeSMC v5.3.820 Plugins
Drivers > Misc > FakeSMC v5.3.820 HWMonitor ApplicationDrivers > Misc > NullCPUPowerManagement

Drivers > Misc > USB 3.0 - Universal
Drivers > Network > Intel - hnak's AppleIntelE1000e v2.4.14
Drivers > System > Patched AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement > OS X 10.9.0Drivers > System > AppleRTC Patch for CMOS Reset
Bootloaders > Chimera v2.2.1
Customize > Boot Options > Basic Boot Options
Customize > Boot Options > Generate CPU States
Customize > Boot Options > Hibernate Mode - Desktop
Customize > Boot Options > Use KernelCache
Customize > Boot Options > 1080p Display Mode
Customize > System Definitions > Mac mini > Mac mini 5,1
Customize > Themes > tonymacx86 Black

Hi there, im sorry since im newbie ...i want to know if i buy this ( Intel NUC DC3217BY ) << it can install mac os ? i have a 10.6.8 version DVD with order from app store.
Any manual for teach how to install mac os to this intel nuc atom ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back