Contribute
Register

Intel NUC DC3217IYE & OS X 10.8.2 SUCCESS

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a question, might be dumb but here it goes. How compatible is the thunderbolt on this NUC with OSX? I'm asking because I don't see it recognised by the OS and I can only used it as a video output for an Apple screen. Anything else doesn't work (like USB ports or ethernet on the back screen).

As far as I know you have to add the device you want to use before you start your machine.

As far as I know you have to add the device you want to use before you start your machine.

I read somewhere about this, don't know were though. Video through thunderbolt (apple display) works even if I connect it after the NUC is on. But nothing else seems to recognise (audio, camera, usb etc). In System report it says " Thunderbolt: No hardware was found." I will try more tomorrow (screen is at my workplace).

I tried again today with the thunderbolt display connected and every time I get a kernel panic. See the attached picture. The bottom part is too blurry but I think is of less importance. If necessary I can retake it.

Attachments

• kernelpanic.jpg
    kernelpanic.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 4,185
I tried again today with the thunderbolt display connected and every time I get a kernel panic. See the attached picture. The bottom part is too blurry but I think is of less importance. If necessary I can retake it.

actually the bottom part includes the info about which kext caused the panic. looks like it is AppleIntelCPUPowermanaagement.kext.

if you unplug your tbolt monitor, i assume the NUC boots properly?

try this:

with the thunderbolt monitor plugged in, boot into safe mode using -x boot flag

actually the bottom part includes the info about which kext caused the panic. looks like it is AppleIntelCPUPowermanaagement.kext.

if you unplug your tbolt monitor, i assume the NUC boots properly?

try this:

with the thunderbolt monitor plugged in, boot into safe mode using -x boot flag

I will try this. Also will take new shots. I just have to w8 for my boss to leave the room. I'm not supposed to do this during working hours :D.

That is not a kernel panic; it is an Intel Machine Check Architecture failure. Likely cause is integrated graphics memory is set to the wrong value in the BIOS.

Edit, use 128MB.

That is not a kernel panic; it is an Intel Machine Check Architecture failure. Likely cause is integrated graphics memory is set to the wrong value in the BIOS. Don't remember the one value that works, try 1. 64MB, 2. 32MB or 3. 96MB.

I will take this into account. I can choose 128, 256, 512, ...

setting the video memory to 128MB was the only value that works for me.

That is not a kernel panic; it is an Intel Machine Check Architecture failure. Likely cause is integrated graphics memory is set to the wrong value in the BIOS. Don't remember the one value that works, try 1. 64MB, 2. 32MB or 3. 96MB.
You have to use 128MB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back